Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dell Studio 1535

I ordered a new screen for this notebook, dell part #WU682, and when the new screen came in it shows the same part number but the cable for the backlight that is pink and yellow on the original is pink and white on the replacement. I've seen this before but was unsure if this meant it used a different voltage than normal. The old screen is cracked but it still powers up and is usable. The new screen the backlight blinks on and off like there is not enough juice. I've googled this but could not find anything similar to my situation explaining the difference in the colors. I'd be greatful for any insight offered.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Just use the old backlight...You don't have to keep them together. If the screen part number is the same, then swap out the screens and problem solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about taking the LCD casing apart and swapping the backlights? I've never done this before but I guess it can't be too bad. I'll give it a whirl and hopefully I do not ruin this new screen. Thanks. Still would like to know what the different color in the cable means though, just for the purpose of knowing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I swapped the ccfl backlight and it is still doing the same thing. Backlight flashes on and off. That was a pain by the way. I guess inverter is my only next option. It's just strange that the old lcd worked without problems other than it had a crack. As usual any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'm talking to myself at this point but backlight is only acting up running on batteries. Works perfect when the laptop is plugged into charger. Now I'm kicking myself, I shouldn't have taken the replacement screen apart, should've replaced the cracked screen then called dell. The laptop is under warranty. Her's my sign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts