Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played BC2 for 30-50 mins now, and then It just closes down with no errors.

The screen froze, game closed, desktop. I was getting ressed at the exact time I crashed, but I have gotten crashes when i was just running around too.

Searching google i see many people with the same problem, but no definite fix.

Any1 know what causes this? I crashed like this on my old computer too. The only things I have taken from my old computer is the video card and the harddrive that the game is installed on. didnt reinstall with the new computer.

Using 10.9 driver and System in my sig

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
a bug popped up in the last patch on realtek audio systems. it is causing crashing. Dice is working on a fix.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
a bug popped up in the last patch on realtek audio systems. it is causing crashing. Dice is working on a fix.
Audio causes games to crash? now Ive heard that too

But doesnt sound that far out, had Realtek audio on my last motherboard aswell.
How long ago was it that this Bug came out? because I crashed like that for quite a while on my old pc

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Try this:

Quote:
RT @rgarodnick: @CatalystMaker stop CTD with BFBC2? Uninstall all MS Redistributable C++, then let Win7 + 10.9 install the ones u need.
Source

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I got a realtech Never crashed for me well no crt for me , I got a x-fi extream gamer i could sell ya . Its pci slot wont fit incase with sli
BUT Asus p6X58D Premium the -e is new little better. Mite if you can ask to replace the Asus p6X58D Premium for the Asus p6X58D-E

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiix View Post
Try this:

Quote:
RT @rgarodnick: @CatalystMaker stop CTD with BFBC2? Uninstall all MS Redistributable C++, then let Win7 + 10.9 install the ones u need.
Source

What does CTD stand for? Crash to desktop, found it

I'll try that

Quote:

Originally Posted by GfhTattoo View Post
I got a realtech Never crashed for me well no crt for me , I got a x-fi extream gamer i could sell ya . Its pci slot wont fit incase with sli
BUT Asus p6X58D Premium the -e is new little better. Mite if you can ask to replace the Asus p6X58D Premium for the Asus p6X58D-E
The P6X58D-E is better than the P6X58D Premium? It costs 100 Euro less too, why did no1 tell me this b4

but nah, not gonna change anything vital now that I have it running smoothly clocked (other than BC2
)

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Lol, I love this BC2 feature the most. It doesn't happen a lot, but it will just..close. No warnings, no errors, no explanations, just closes.

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064 View Post
Lol, I love this BC2 feature the most. It doesn't happen a lot, but it will just..close. No warnings, no errors, no explanations, just closes.
Its not fun for me!

How do I let Windows 7 and 10,9 Driver automaticly install the C++ stuff I need?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Switch to nVidia. I has no problems playing it on my 9800GT

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post
Switch to nVidia. I has no problems playing it on my 9800GT

Good for you. I didnt ask about how you were playing the game, were I?
but thank you for letting me Bump this thread (really want to fix this issue
)

ask again, how do I let Windows 7 + 10,9 driver automaticly install the Microsoft C++ files I need?

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
264 Posts
This CTD is a new enhanced feature of BC2 which serves as a friendly reminder to get outside and get some sunshine if you've been playing games for too long

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by elderfoster View Post
This CTD is a new enhanced feature of BC2 which serves as a friendly reminder to get outside and get some sunshine if you've been playing games for too long
It should have auto detect on, so that it can detect if you have been at school for 6 hours, then at work for 5 hours, and really need a break for 2 hours before you need to sleep for the next day of same content.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The CTD is because of the drivers. That was my only gripe with 10.8 and 10.9. Went back to my trusty 10.5 and no crashes at all. Id roll back o see if theres a change for you.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I was having this same issue back on 10.6 and 10.7. On 10.8 it corrected the issue for me at least. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiix
View Post

Try this:

Quote:

Source

Did not work for me gone back to DX10.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts