Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so I have been playing bc2 for quite sometime now around 4 months. I just recently took advantage of the summer sale and bought the vietnam expansion. I am having issues where the colors are looking washed out not sure if this is intended or not? Also in the vanilla bc2 I have issues where dust/debris especially from explosions are always blocking my view making it impossible to see is there an option to turn or lower these features?

I took some screenshots using steam they aren't high quality but they can give you an idea what i am talking about.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...4/screenshots/

Also here are my current graphic settings
[Graphics]
Effects=high
Soldiers=high
Vehicles=high
Overgrowth=high
Undergrowth=high
StaticObjects=high
Terrain=high
Shadows=high
Bloom=false
HSAO=true
MSAA=2
Water=high
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=auto
Aniso=2
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=2
Fov=55

Any ideas on what I can ch

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The colors seem ok to me, if a little bit dark. I'm pretty sure that explosions blocking your vision is intentional... can you be more descriptive?

·
Registered
833 Posts
The dust and explosions you have to deal with. No way to remove them, sadly. You already have Bloom off so can't really do much more.

Can you take a screenshot and post it (not with steam, like print screen and paste into paint.) Could just be your monitor displaying them that way. I have similar settings and mine looks fine, as long as I set my monitor in the correct mode.

Also I would suggest increasing the Fov to 75 or 90. Seeing more is always useful.

·
Senior Overclocker
5,063 Posts
Reduce brightness and increase contrast.
I have them both at 0.5. Everything looks decent.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightEscape
View Post

The dust and explosions you have to deal with. No way to remove them, sadly. You already have Bloom off so can't really do much more.

Can you take a screenshot and post it (not with steam, like print screen and paste into paint.) Could just be your monitor displaying them that way. I have similar settings and mine looks fine, as long as I set my monitor in the correct mode.

Also I would suggest increasing the Fov to 75 or 90. Seeing more is always useful.

Hmm what specific things are effected by FOV?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright i'll try what you all suggested another question. Does changing from vanilla bc2 to vietnam delete the weapon loadouts?

·
Watercooler
3,369 Posts
How did you get so many options for graphics? I'm in options i have about 6 options and they are all maxed out with no lag

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm
View Post

How did you get so many options for graphics? I'm in options i have about 6 options and they are all maxed out with no lag

Its in the .txt file in the same folder where the saves are stored I believe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts