Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought Bad Company 2, new, on Steam. Where's my Day one DLC? Free guns and all that rubbish.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not the ones you pay for. I don't buy DLC. But I remember there being some free day one DLC as a "reward" for buying new. As much as I hate the whole idea, I want my free stuff all the same!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
as i remember it was a one day offer , could be wrong anyway ,

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
Try right click the game in Steam, and look in Properties.
Or look under gifts
also look at properties and news , look for older posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There's only one extra gun you can get, the M1, and that's unlocked by having a veteran status >0.

All the other stuff, the "extra maps," shipped with the game and got unlocked incrementally. Even if there's no indication of having them, they're there.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Sometimes they label updates (like all TF2's "class updates") as Free DLC. Even Valve does it with, say, The Passing in L4D2.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
You should be able to enter a code into the multiplayer section of BC2, which will entitle you to the new maps and game modes. All retail copies (that is, not pre-owned) get "VIP" status for free DLC.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine View Post
You should be able to enter a code into the multiplayer section of BC2, which will entitle you to the new maps and game modes. All retail copies (that is, not pre-owned) get "VIP" status for free DLC.
That only applies to the console versions. All PC versions get the "DLC" automatically because you you have to log into your EA account (with BC2 activated) to play multiplayer.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikkit View Post
That only applies to the console versions. All PC versions get the "DLC" automatically because you you have to log into your EA account (with BC2 activated) to play multiplayer.
No, it applies to the PC version as well, because you can always buy a retail copy used. They came with coupon codes for the VIP status.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Hmm. So it's already there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subliminally incorrect View Post
you have to unlock your guns on multiplayer when you level up the classes... lol
Useless post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikkit View Post

Cause the only thing I've noticed is that I have the exact same setup as I did during the Beta. None of the extra guns that were promised upon purchased new.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Quote:

No, it applies to the PC version as well, because you can always buy a retail copy used. They came with coupon codes for the VIP status.
No.. it doesn't. The only code that comes with the PC version of the game, new or used, is the CD key which is used to activate the game on your EA account (of course, if you buy it used you're out of luck). Bazajaytee has explained this. There are no codes for the Map Packs for the PC. They shipped with the game and were unlocked automatically.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
there is no vip status for the PC game. All pc gamers get all the stuff for free. Cant stand people who dont check themselves before posting wrong information.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
The only code you can possibly have is the Limited Edition code, which unlocks a few weapons ahead of time.
All the maps are already unlocked.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati
View Post

there is no vip status for the PC game. All pc gamers get all the stuff for free. Cant stand people who dont check themselves before posting wrong information.

You talking about me or someone else? Because if you're talking about me, the whole point of this thread was to check whether the information was correct. So, check yourself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts