Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!!

I have just done the "Down & Dirty" OC'ing of my AMD PII 965 BE C2. I am rather happy with the results considering this is my first real and serious attempt at OC'ing.

I did the IntelBurn thing (50 passess) - Good. I did the OCCT Lincpak thing, 1 hour - Good. Naturally, I go and Prime95 it as the "ultimate" test and an hour in everything is passing just fine but I noticed something off and need clarification on.

As I look at the worker screens I notice that Worker 1 (CPU 0) is lagging way behind the other workers (CPU's 1, 2 & 3). I mean, I see the other workers finish a 12 test run and Worker 1 is still on test 2 or 3 of that same run.

Does this mean there is something going on with my CPU or is this a normal occurrence? I stopped the testing just in case. If that core is going out, I need it to last just a bit longer before I can buy a new one so I am preventing unwanted heat spikes for now.

All in all, HWMonitor shows even temperature patterns across all cores. Computer seems to work just fine... but that test pattern seems off to me.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Happened to me yesterday. Antivirus was doing the "job".

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by IOSEFINI View Post
Happened to me yesterday. Antivirus was doing the "job".
Interesting... Let me try disconnecting my internet, turning my AV off and try that. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Even when nothing else is running a core can still be "occupied" with other background tasks. I don't believe that it's anything to be concerned about as long as you don't get a fail.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coonmanx
View Post

Even when nothing else is running a core can still be "occupied" with other background tasks. I don't believe that it's anything to be concerned about as long as you don't get a fail.

You're right, but not that difference(15min... 3 cores, 12 tests completed and 1 core just 2 or 3 tests).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts