Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an X850 Pro modded to 16 pipes and oc'ed to 540/540 and 1gb of ram. I expected to be able to play BF2 on max settings when I bought this card and its ok most of the time until I fly a jet or any planes. Then it usually starts to get pretty slow and laggy. Would this be because I am running out of system ram?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Very well could be. BF2 is a game that realy likes and takes advantage of 2g of ram.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Your processor is:
1. Bottlenecking your video card
2. Slow, 32 bit.
You should sereously think about upgrading your processor.
But one last thing... This should fix your problem. Download the latest ATI Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net, open up ati tool, open up miscellaneous under the settings tab and check set PCI latency to:, then open the tab and select 64. That will fix your problem. Don't believe people when they say you need 2 gigs of RAM to run BF2 smoothly, because it is simply NOT TRUE. This is the way to fix that without wasting your money on new RAM.
edit: I didn't see that you only had PC2700. You will either need to buy pc3200, or OC your RAM to pc3200 speeds, which can be done easily.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

Your processor is:
1. Bottlenecking your video card
2. Slow, 32 bit.
You should sereously think about upgrading your processor.
But one last thing... This should fix your problem. Download the latest ATI Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net, open up ati tool, open up miscellaneous under the settings tab and check set PCI latency to:, then open the tab and select 64. That will fix your problem. Don't believe people when they say you need 2 gigs of RAM to run BF2 smoothly, because it is simply NOT TRUE. This is the way to fix that without wasting your money on new RAM.
edit: I didn't see that you only had PC2700. You will either need to buy pc3200, or OC your RAM to pc3200 speeds, which can be done easily.

Can you also set PCI latency with Nvidia cards? Yeah Battlefield 2 IMO is the most resourcehog game, even more than FEAR because it utilizes every hardware you have, and pushes them to the max to maintain a smooth gameplay. I can play FEAR at Med-Max where I can only play BF2 at Low-Med.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts