Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have recently been experiencing problems with my 1tb internal sata hard drive.
to explain exactly what happens is this :
i hear a click noise from my hard disk, and once this click happens, i cannot read or write to and from the drive, but i can access folders, meaning, i can browse folders, but cannot access any physical file. this happens at random times. after a few mins, the drive, well, it starts working again properly with no faults.

so not a few min ago, i started up my pc, i have two 1tb drives btw, so i started up, and on the first screen where it tells u ram n S.M.A.R.T capability etc etc, my first drive read something like this:
"st561253127 (drive model cant remember exact numbers) and S.M.A.R.T . . .OKAY"
and for my second drive it read basically the same, only bit changed was it read "bad" instead of "okay", and it prompted for "f1 to resume" which it never ever does.

so im wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.
help will be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioniC187;11974987
hey guys, i have recently been experiencing problems with my 1tb internal sata hard drive.
to explain exactly what happens is this :
i hear a click noise from my hard disk, and once this click happens, i cannot read or write to and from the drive, but i can access folders, meaning, i can browse folders, but cannot access any physical file. this happens at random times. after a few mins, the drive, well, it starts working again properly with no faults.

so not a few min ago, i started up my pc, i have two 1tb drives btw, so i started up, and on the first screen where it tells u ram n S.M.A.R.T capability etc etc, my first drive read something like this:
"st561253127 (drive model cant remember exact numbers) and S.M.A.R.T . . .OKAY"
and for my second drive it read basically the same, only bit changed was it read "bad" instead of "okay", and it prompted for "f1 to resume" which it never ever does.

so im wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.
help will be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

thanks
Sounds like its dieeing to me :'( not die but u know what i mean lol

how old are your drives ?

have you knocked them or give your computer and bangs or and vibrations along those lines ?

Viruses at all ?

anything you would like to add or more info !

Gaming96.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not old at all, well i dont think so, its about 2 years old now. and nope, no viruses, maybe a few bumps on the desk my tower is placed on, but nothing serious, bumps such as me getting up and hitting the desk abit

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BioniC187
View Post

its not old at all, well i dont think so, its about 2 years old now. and nope, no viruses, maybe a few bumps on the desk my tower is placed on, but nothing serious, bumps such as me getting up and hitting the desk abit

2 years old seams abit low but could be why
Or it might of just been a faulty drive from the bigining :/ iv had 1 or 2 of them.

and good
vibration can damage a HDD and Its performance and Life.

If i was you i would get saving some Money and buy a new HDD, you never know when it would fail, it could do so next time you turn on your computer :O and thats what scares me when i have an old drive but iv got and external HDD to back up 2

Good Luck,
Gaming96.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"it could do so next time you turn on your computer " hmm so its very simple then.
do not ever turn off my pc
biggrin.gif
jokes, but yea i will start saving, but i do not have anywhere to back up on, guess im gona have to lose 1tb of data
frown.gif

thanks though
smile.gif

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioniC187;11985591
"it could do so next time you turn on your computer " hmm so its very simple then.
do not ever turn off my pc
biggrin.gif
jokes, but yea i will start saving, but i do not have anywhere to back up on, guess im gona have to lose 1tb of data
frown.gif

thanks though
smile.gif
hahaha lol, quite funny XD but you have 2 HDD dont you, cant you backup the 1 that is clicking onto the other 1 thats fine ? or if that full, and if there both a year old i would buy a new hdd because they can die without any notice aswell such as clicking :/ or buy a external hdd or easyer, just save to discs
smile.gif
or any storage uv got like usb memory sticks and such lol but only save things you really need, like files and work, leave stuff u can get again like game saves and films that you have ripped from disc
tongue.gif

Good luck and hope it lasts long enough :/
Gaming96.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts