Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running all 4 sticks of ram together (@ stock settings) I've been getting numerous memtest errors, and a quite frequent memory-related BSOD. Now, when running each stick individually to test which one is the culprit (behind all the errors), I get absolutely NO errors. I let each stick of ram run for 1 1/2 hours under memtest (6 hours in total) too, and it found 0 errors.

So... apparently each stick of ram is fine, just not when pairing them all together -- lately anyway, as it's a recent problem. So, I'm beginning to think the memory controller on my cpu is failing and is obviously being stressed by running 4x1GB.

Could it be possible that a particular dimm slot has gone bad, instead? Never heard of a dimm slot going bad, but who knows...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
also make sure that your memory is set to 2T command rate instead of 1T. my TF720 defaults to 1T timing, and it was giving me hell when I first put my system together.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I kept getting memory errors with 2 modules on bot the Crosshair and TA770 A2+...
Upping the SB voltage eliminated it, go figure!

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I kept getting memory errors with 2 modules on bot the Crosshair and TA770 A2+...
Upping the SB voltage eliminated it, go figure!
Southbrige?? o_0

lol werd, Ill be damned if that works for him! I hope he works something though lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts