Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a fresh install of windows xp sp2 on a new rig and after windows finished setting up it tried to reboot and then I get the Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD and everytime I try to start up. I used a slipstreamed version of windows xp sp2 if it matters.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Check the exact code error, that will help narrow it down.

One possible cause could be a RAM error issue.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the error codes
0x000000C2(0x00000007, 0x0000000CD4, 0x00000000, 0xE168004)

The system specs are as follows
E6300
P5B Deluxe
Crucial Anniversary Ram
2x Hitachi 250GB HD (I attempted do to a raid before, but it didn't work, so I settled with trying to install the OS and then setting up the raid later)
7900GT
X-Fi Xtrememusic
650W Antec Triopower (I bought it at best buy because I didn't want to wait for shipping if I bought a GameXStream.)

I already tried setting the bios back to default and it didn't help. I have also tried to reformat and install windows again, but the same problem happened.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody know anything about this because I don't think I can update any drivers unless they are bootable. I can't even get into windows.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did memtest86 for 90 minutes on test 5 and I got no errors. I then tried alternating ram sticks in different slots and no dice.

The other websites all talk about driver problems, but I can't get into windows to update anything.

I guess I'll try reinstalling tommorow on a non slipstreamed cd because I can't think of any other reason my new build is having problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts