Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past week I have started having really bad performance in games even though my fps is reported as good. I'll use Red Faction Guerilla for an example. When I first started playing it last week I was getting around 55-60 fps and it was smooth as can be. Now I'm getting 40-45 and it's stuttering as if I was getting 15-20 fps.

I monitor my system while playing, gpu usage is 99% cpu is 25% and memory is 55% used, so I know I don't have any resource hogs in the background. Temps are good, CPU ~42, GPU ~50.

HDD is defragged, I just can't think of what it could be. I even tried the 9.11 drivers (was on 9.10) and it does the same thing. What can cause such bad performance with an fps in the 40's.

Specs in sig..

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by gablain
View Post

Try reinstalling the game, and run a scan for spyware, malware etc...

It's with most all games.. AVG scans automatically each night but I'll try a manual scan.

·
Registered
709 Posts
From what i have been told, avg has been working harddrives unnecessarily even if auto scan is off, so i did what some people recommended and got Avast, so weather or not that is related to your issue i don't know, but i figured you'd want to know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts