Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lost in SoCal
877 Posts
The small chrome post should unscrew, and you can replace with a different one, or are you saying you damaged where the post screws to the motherboard? That would be a more difficult fix.

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,045 Posts
Hi. when installing the heatsink for M2 ssd, the thread on the board was damaged. Can it be replaced? Thanks
Yes you can buy the stands and screws from Aliexpress in packs of 10..(these are very specific ones for each motherboard brand as the standoffs and screw used to secure the M.2 drive differs)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Bad thread in the post on the system board. Can this original column be obtained somewhere?

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,823 Posts
Yes, it can be replaced as Kairi mentioned.

The alt route is buying a tool kit to rethread the standoff yourself. They’re likely metric sized/ standardized so you just need to find the right sized tap/bit and start spinning.

Much more expensive and time consuming… just find a replacement kit as again, originally mentioned.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,985 Posts
Gigabutt, I'm dying 😭

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,045 Posts
Motherboard: Asus Rog Dark Hero Crosshair VIII
I know, the asus has small threads, gigabutt's have a bigger thread and round ones too..the gigabutt threads/mounting screw won't "easily" fit the asus motherboard..it will fit but forced..

anyways you should be removing that before it can cause anymore damage and buy/use the proper ones I linked..those worked/fits perfectly on my Asus board and a client's Asus board as well..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[QUOTE = "kairi_zeroblade, příspěvek: 28872475, člen: 82710"]
to je šroub pro montáž pasivního chladiče..to není šroub M.2 nvme ..
[/CITÁT
[QUOTE = "kairi_zeroblade, příspěvek: 28872475, člen: 82710"]
to je šroub pro montáž pasivního chladiče..to není šroub M.2 nvme ..
[/CITÁT]
Ano přesně

1 - 17 of 17 Posts