Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had intermittent screen freezes and blackouts with an unresponsive system as a result for a few months.

After changing out my PSU and changing my overclock, artifacts and failure to boot took over yesterday.

What would any overclocker do at a time like this but decided to pop their GPU into a 400 degree oven and watch, anxiously.

Well, 400 degrees and 10 minutes later I am happy to report everything is back to normal, I got the idea here on OCN and am grateful for it!

Anyone have repeat baking experiences - how long for symptoms to re appear?

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
Grats.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
good job

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
I've never seen the issue crop up again after the initial baking. My friend once baked the card at too low of temp and it only partly fixed the problem but I believe it was rectified later by a higher temp bake. Glad to hear that it worked though!

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thogar;13041105
congrats, that must be cool to bake a card and it works after.
i'm wondering if I will have to bake my 8800 gts eventually because its warping a tad bit?
Its actually pretty warm!
biggrin.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

That's great. So when you bake a card, do you really bake it at 400F?

I always do 380 for 10 minutes and if that doesn't work then it goes back in for 10 minutes at 400. Bake it GPU facing down. Prop it up on four corners with foil balls, try to get it level. Oh and take the cooler off lol.

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
i only had them reappear on older "hot" running gpus.....like the G80s......i did it to a BFG 7950.....ok so far......did it to an EVGA 9600GT.....no problems.....XFX 8800GTX.....artifacts came back after about two months

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

That's great. So when you bake a card, do you really bake it at 400F?

I preheated the oven for a long time, i think this is important as you dont want the coils radiating full blast while the gpu is in there.

400 for 10 minutes, not a second longer

EDIT: GPU face down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.