Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As topic...
I need to buy a bang for the buck mobo for my dad's celeron 2.6GHz....
The one he's using now is piece of crap, won't allow to OC.....isnt that CRAP!?

Please give me suggestions which one I should go for....I'll probably get him a mobo from ebay....2nd hand stufff = cheaper....and he wouldn't really care if the mobo is new or used as long as its faster than now.

Right now his machine is running 26 x 100 - 2604MHz ... thats ridiculous !!!
100FSB! OMG

Please name some good/bang for the buck mobo for this 2.6 Celeron CPU.....thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
get a p4p800-e deluxe i heard they overclock great

btw, i have a celeron 2.6Ghz and im buying tht board how about (if u get tht board) we compare results?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
You don't need fancy motherboards just to overclock, you only need the bare minimum. FSB, Vcore, and Vdimm. You could run a CPU on any board with the same chipset and have *almost the same results. The only big differences are Having RAID, Sata, dual-channel RAM and such.
An ASUS P4S800 will work perfectly with the Celeron, AND, Its cheap, about $70-80.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

You don't need fancy motherboards just to overclock, you only need the bare minimum. FSB, Vcore, and Vdimm. You could run a CPU on any board with the same chipset and have *almost the same results. The only big differences are Having RAID, Sata, dual-channel RAM and such.
An ASUS P4S800 will work perfectly with the Celeron, AND, Its cheap, about $70-80.

I see there are 2 different P4S800 mobo

ASUS P4S800 SiS 648FX 8X AGP, 800MHz FSB, DDR400 $76
ASUS P4S800-MX SiS 661FX, 800MHz FSB, DDR400 w/ VSL $69

Which one I should get then? Yes, the point I want a new mobo is just to OC my dad sys. All he needs is a mobo w/ LAN, Audio and mainly it must be OC available.

The one he's using now can't even let me OC!!! Its ASUS P4VP-MX
I guess this is the only ASUS mobo that don't let people OC!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts