Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And then suddenly, I can login in again.

I was just browsing the site playing with the Rigbuilder, when suddenly I get the banned message with no explanation whatsoever.

I tried logging in on another location but no. So I mail support. no answer. Weeks later, I mail again, no answer. I think I did one other mail and I give up.

Every once in a while, I check the site and leave with a sad face because I am still banned.

I was so pissed ... When you've done nothing wrong, have no idea why or what's up, and just get a kick in the balls? Really annoying ... but anyway.

So then suddenly, I can login in again. Seems like the ban has been lifted. Why? I have no personal message, no reply in mailbox.

I'm happy I can log back in (thanks, really!), but some explanation would be prudent. Was it a mistake? Did I do something wrong? I read the rules and CoC, I've not broken any of them.

If someone read my mails and lifted the ban, was it too much trouble to send a one liner reply saying sorry we made a mistake but the ban has been lifted and by the way, enjoy your stay!?

·
What should be here ?
5,741 Posts
Since the site is still going through migration, your account probably was one of the many who got banned from the site. Probably a mistake.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe. But wasn't there any communication about that mistake?

I was/am aware of the changes with the site but I never saw anything about many accidental bans.

If that is what happened, how hard can it be to send out a message to the accounts in question with a little explanation?

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
The issue was known amongst the membership but unfortunately when the system error occured, there was no real way to tell who was banned by the error vs who were banned legitimately. Luckily this seemed to only affect the very few. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and so it is known, this clearly was not of your own doing.

As a way of apologizing please note that I have enabled a lifetime overclocked status on your account which gives you the following benefits: http://www.overclock.net/forum/payments.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts