Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are these things now? Why are they all so small? Whats their purpose? I remember a few years ago, all the barebone systems were pretty much a mid-tower case, ATX motherboard, keyboard and mouse.... What is missing out of these modern barebones? What is their target audience also...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Barbones is just a PC you put together...

some sites will sale a barbone as a CPU motherboard case psu thats about it..

Others will have a list you select from, and you can pick out each peice...

Barbones are just cheap pc's for "newbies".. There customizable.. if you wanted to customize a dell, you'd have to throw away the stock video card, throw away the stock drive, the stock sound card etc...

Instead you can start from scratch, and order cpu/mb/case/psu then buy video card sound card and all that seperate..

Kinda a easy way to build a pc..

thats my take on it..

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the things put inside them reliable at all? Feels like i could just build half a dozen of them for the amount i built my own computer... and everyone can fold

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

Are the things put inside them reliable at all? Feels like i could just build half a dozen of them for the amount i built my own computer... and everyone can fold

Ya they can be good.. It just depends on how much you spend...

I think its just a easier way to build comps..

instead of buying a processor from one company, and mobo from another, and having to put the CPU in yourself, and put the proper amoutn of TIM and spread it perfectly, and hope your temps are right..

its all done installed and ready to go.. you just throw in your own HD, videio card, and go..

But since were all not complete newbs, its just a better idea to build it yourself..

if I made $60 a hour working, I woudlen't waste time building a CPU.. since it would take say 3 hours to build a pc and load windows, thats $180 out of my pocket.. I"d just pay some kid $30 to do it for me...
but I dont, I make $6 a hour, so I stick to building my own pc's

edit: you can get cheap ones that are like P3 1000mhz... then again you could get a barebone pc that is a 3.8ghz intel and costs a couple grand.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
does any one know where to get the barebone psu as i have there cases witout psu there there but they dont work i have been told that it is impossible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts