Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've recently started more PC gaming in the past and in this Summer particularly, I've found palm sweating to be a problem for the first time. I'm not even a sweaty person.

I can alternate between the different types of grips, but when I browse I tend to palm, and that leads to somewhat annoying palm sweat and thus making me wipe my hands dry on something every 5 minutes. Even when I'm clawing in games and this still bothers me.

I'm sure I'm not the only who's bothered by such trivial issues, so I thought other OCNers might like to share their experience.

My mouse has the matte rubberized surface that I love so much, and I just can't stop thinking my sweat is somehow deteriorating the finish. My hand is also WAY too big for my mouse, or a lot of mice for that matter. A fact I've just found out recently...

Honestly, is this the only solution?
tongue.gif
:

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
Idk, but I tend to wash my hands ALOT, I even bring tissues and stuff to LAN to clean my mouse. Insane hygiene when it comes to my hands and mice.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
This guy plays professional SC2 and got the nickname "Towel Terran" because he always plays with a towel or small rag between his hand and mouse. He "suffers" from hyperhidrosis.
rolleyes.gif
I recently adopted this method during long LAN parties.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Idk, but I tend to wash my hands ALOT, I even bring tissues and stuff to LAN to clean my mouse. Insane hygiene when it comes to my hands and mice.
I do get obsessed over hygiene level of my peripherals to a certain extent. I do a periodic clean up of the panel lines and nooks and crannies with an old toothbrush to get all those residue from sweat/oil/etc out.... Ew...

My jeans' hygiene however, not as much lol. As I wipe my hands' sweat right off them... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

latex gloves
biggrin.gif
...Genius! Or one of those gloves those "pro" gamers always wear on only one hand! I see it now! It's all so clear!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapengu View Post

This guy plays professional SC2 and got the nickname "Towel Terran" because he always plays with a towel or small rag between his hand and mouse. He "suffers" from hyperhidrosis.
rolleyes.gif
I recently adopted this method during long LAN parties.
biggrin.gif

I did try using my mouse with a piece of tissue between my hand and it...

Surprisingly effective. Except the lost of grip and traction and feeling crap over thinking "I paid for the mouse's finish, and here I am covering it up...".

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Get two identical mice and plug them both in.
When you get sweaty, just swap them so your first mouse can dry.

Also a good idea to get two identical mousepads side by side.
Im not a sweaty guy, but I do use my computer 15 hrs a day so I have to resort to that
biggrin.gif

That fan by thermaltake looks uncomfortable lol

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I love dripping sweat all over my pc parts! It adds to the ( its all mine ) concept haha. Maybe you can buy urself some nice leather gloves and game like that lol? I dont see how this can be a problem but good luck anyway:thumb:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalbkrad View Post

Get two identical mice and plug them both in.
When you get sweaty, just swap them so your first mouse can dry.

Also a good idea to get two identical mousepads side by side.
Im not a sweaty guy, but I do use my computer 15 hrs a day so I have to resort to that
biggrin.gif

That fan by thermaltake looks uncomfortable lol
It may be a bit drastic to spend money on another mouse just to deal with this, lol.

Even though I am considering spraying deodorant on my hand right now to test...
tongue.gif

You have a cloth mousepad, is that what you mean? I use hard surface, and I'm having to use the side I don't like on the Razer Vespula just because that side has less drag on my hand (the small part touching desk/surface), but ironically more drag on the mouse's feet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nz3777 View Post

I love dripping sweat all over my pc parts! It adds to the ( its all mine ) concept haha. Maybe you can buy urself some nice leather gloves and game like that lol? I dont see how this can be a problem but good luck anyway:thumb:
Not really a problem, as I started this thread more for pure poops and gigs.
thumb.gif
And wanted to see what ideas creative OCNers come up with to "deal with this".
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can develop ocd and start washing your hands 100 times a day with soap, they gonna be so dry that the skin will come off.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
A small fan works well for me when it is hot out.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I sweat a lot and I just wipe my hands on my shirt/pants... But that fan idea isn't bad... Just like the fan for bowlers near the ball return?

Get an air purifier for your room and have it near your desk
thumb.gif

Less allergies, and a place to cool the game hand down
tongue.gif

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
It's kinda a sucky mouse, but the RAT series have excellent anti sweat coating. I don't know how it works but it does. Hand were always dry.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also wash my hands a lot, especially with soap or dish washer detergent.(because my room is near the kitchen
tongue.gif
). it drys my hands quite good and i can have a nice grip... But worse than wet hands it's on winter... cold hands are the worse enemy to a gamer imo.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Mayhap using an antiperspirant on your palms? Some come in crystal form and won't leave a residue on your skin.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonowarion View Post

Im sure they will release water blocks for hands soon enough.
I think the answer here is in air cooling. There are many different small desk fans you could use, some are even USB powered.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sweat wicking gloves might work. Pulls the sweat away from your palm into the glove to it evaporates into the air.

Or, solve the problem forever. Get Automail. Problem solved forever!
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 49 Posts