Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, just a quick question, anyone had any experience or can share any thoughts on a barrow cpu block? ive been looking at this one from ebay in particular https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barrow-A...114213?hash=item2a892deaa5:g:vGgAAOSwh2FbET-O for my ryzen system.

Also all my rads are copper, will this nickel plated copper be fine with my radiators? and will it be fine to use liquid metal paste inbetween the block and ihs?

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Nickel plated copper is cool. A lot of EK blocks (as an example of many others) are nickel plated.
I believe a lot of users here have experience with Barrow blocks and they seem decent enough from what they said. Just remember that the good Barrow stuff isn't always that much cheaper than other options.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They can be cheaper but if you import them you either have to wait a long time or pay the difference in shipping(easily over $20 to California) so if the block you want is less than $20 more expensive it's just cheaper to get a decent block here in the states.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I got a lot of barrow products. Stick to the fittings. The blocks are alright but nothing to write home about. The price reflects that.

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
I am using one for intel and it does great. I lapped mine and it helped 3c.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's no point in using liquid metal between IHS and block. A good thermal paste is totally sufficient and does not have the danger of killing something when sipping over.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) Plus mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just fitted the intel version of this block, and i'm pretty impressed with it. Temps are about as good as my supremacy evo, and the lighting is great. The only negative I can think of is that you could do with 3 hands to fit it!.

BTW, I've used that seller a few times and can't fault them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just fitted the intel version of this block, and i'm pretty impressed with it. Temps are about as good as my supremacy evo, and the lighting is great. The only negative I can think of is that you could do with 3 hands to fit it!.

BTW, I've used that seller a few times and can't fault them.
Did you mean the barrow block or the raijintek rgb block? im assuming you mean the barrow one with reguarding the seller

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh nice, if the block is performing aswell as a EK supremacy evo then ill think ill get one! Thanks for commenting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts