Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just created a series of batch files for backups like for my outlook .pst folder and other OS files I need and have them scheduled to run with task scheduler so everything should be automated. My goal is to not have to manually do a millions things when I run backups on my computer.

Question I have for you guys is, does anyone know a script or a way that I can delete all the old files that I do not need?

For instance I backup outlook daily, so it keeps copying my .pst folder over and over to my backup destination. I would like to have a script that will go into that folder, or multiple folders and delete any files that are older then say 30 days. So I have a months worth of backups and not years.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dude I am totally clueless in regard to coding. I just came here to see if you guys might be able to help me out. If it is a big job I am not opposed to paying a couple dollars to whomever may be able to help out.

I just figured this might be really easy for you guys, or maybe someone already had something already written.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts