Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well if you look at my system under my sig you will see that i have enough power to make this game fun but when ever i get to the charecter selection i cant play its freezes up is tehre something i can do to fix this? like update drivers?

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
Try re-installing the game, but first install all the latest drivers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh also with my opti i think i run itunes and then play again and itunes f's up so what would htat be due to my opti?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
Try re-installing the game, but first install all the latest drivers.
reinstalled game
i almost have brand new drivers and then im gonna try tehn reinstall if i have to

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
Make sure they are infact the newest drivers, if that doesnt fix t he problem then re-install the game.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same problem with ALL games...It's annoying as i would have thought my PC would be good enough to run any game.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Well is this freezing to where you have to reboot or what? Your system could be overheating, you could have a windows problem that could hang the system, or you might just be experiencing online lag

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nmo but the thing is with a singel core processor and a good graphics card it would make it but like i got new drivers now im making the aftermarket run and trying them

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Like my pc runs 1024x768 mid high settings, so you should own that

·
Registered
876 Posts
you need more ram. 1 GB is not enough. I monitored the ram usage with my G15. it uses 100% of 1 GB. I'm running 1.5 Gbs and it utalizes more than 75% of it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Disable your firewall, or allow 2142 to act as server. I had this happen to my in 2142 and CoD2, and got so mad until I turned off everything then booted the game, worked fine. Finally found out it was my firewall blocking the game the whole time.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Back off your oc maybe.
When installing, do make sure your stable or strange things start happening!

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,746 Posts
Hell is an Optitron?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by panzer126
View Post

you need more ram. 1 GB is not enough. I monitored the ram usage with my G15. it uses 100% of 1 GB. I'm running 1.5 Gbs and it utalizes more than 75% of it.

dare I concur, with a good enough raid setup, the pagefile with 1 gig of ram does just fine.

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Try running MemTest and also download and run Western Digital's hard drive checking tools to see if you've got any faulty components.

Run Prime95 for at least 4 hours too, that should see if your system is stable

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
youll guys laugh but heres what the solution is i went to bf2142 forums for this which i found an answer what i had to do is hit the reset to defaults button in options screen the new patch deletes all the keys so yeah its working like a champ now

as for the itunes thing? idk i cant run any intensive games w.o it freaking out like that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts