Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i got an assignment i need to hand in at college in a couple of days time in which, i basically have to write a report and create a presentation describing 4 pieces of software, stating which of them is the best (i.e. which one would you choose and why)

the ones i have to compare are:

Adobe Photoshop
Fireworks
Paint Shop Pro
Microsoft Acrylic

I was wondering whether anyone here has used any of these before, all opinions are welcome.

thanks in advance

• Rep+
Reactions: |2A|N

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would choose Photoshop, out of those 4 I have only used photoshop and fireworks but photoshop for the win!
There are so many filters readily available that let you turn simple things into amazing things. There are many many tutorials also available. It does take a bit longer to learn than firworks but its much more useful in the end.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Photoshop by far. I've tried Fireworks, and Paint Shop Pro, and its just soo much easier learning photoshop, I know a few people who use Paint Shop Pro, but as MustangPanda stated the filters are great and the vast amount of tutorials make photoshop's experience even better.

Its well worth the $600+ That anyone spends on it, and I would recommend it to a beginner artist or an advanced artist. There's just a great amount of good things that come with the program, textures, actions, brushes.

It has soo many things you can do to each and every layer and thing that its almost overwhelming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definately Photoshop. Basically anyone who can function on a computer can learn it, and it has more third party extensions than any other software I have used before.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Too bad that the GIMP isn't included in your comparison; not only does it have the power of Photoshop, but it is absolutely, 100% FREE!!! I don't have an extra $600 laying around, so you know where my money(?) is going. In case you were wondering, the GIMP also has a plug-in called GIMPshop that makes it look just like Photoshop.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pythagoras

Too bad that the GIMP isn't included in your comparison; not only does it have the power of Photoshop, but it is absolutely, 100% FREE!!! I don't have an extra $600 laying around, so you know where my money(?) is going. In case you were wondering, the GIMP also has a plug-in called GIMPshop that makes it look just like Photoshop.

I tryed GIMP before i got Photoshop but i didnt like it, and much more like Photoshop CS2.

-Sparda

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Photoshop by far. I've been using it for well over a year now, and I'm still no where near mastering all the different things you can do with it (although I have gotten pretty good at it). Photoshop sets the bar for photo editing software.

• Rep+
Reactions: Crimson_Blade

·
Overclockiit
3,421 Posts
Well i just made my first wallpaper using photoshop well i actually took 2 and converted them together, i dont guess its to bad for a adobe newb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts