Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this short, I've got a GTX 980, i5 4670K overclocked to 4.4Ghz, and 16GB of DDR3 2400.. Battlefield 1 is also installed on an Intel SSD, on all low settings, I get 50FPS average in multiplayer. GPU usage is mid 40% CPU is completely maxed by Bad 1. Any thoughts?

Latest Nvidja Drivers too.

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timma100 View Post

I'll keep this short, I've got a GTX 980, i5 4670K overclocked to 4.4Ghz, and 16GB of DDR3 2400.. Battlefield 1 is also installed on an Intel SSD, on all low settings, I get 50FPS average in multiplayer. GPU usage is mid 40% CPU is completely maxed by Bad 1. Any thoughts?

Latest Nvidja Drivers too.

Thanks!
Unfortunately quad cores just can't handle BF1 very well . If you could upgrade to an 8 threaded i7 using the same motherboard your minimum FPS would nearly double in 64 player online maps.

Example of my 4790k with H/T disabled https://youtu.be/RCkQH9K4ri4

People really have a hard time admitting it around here but FX 8 cores are much better for BF 1 than Intel quads ( at least any that use DDR3) in large multiplayer maps. Watch my FX/780ti and compare to what you are seeing with your machine - pay attention to cpu usage and FPS
https://youtu.be/0jm3jsnsbQY
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: timma100

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Unfortunately quad cores just can't handle BF1 very well . If you could upgrade to an 8 threaded i7 using the same motherboard your minimum FPS would nearly double in 64 player online maps.

Example of my 4790k with H/T disabled https://youtu.be/RCkQH9K4ri4

People really have a hard time admitting it around here but FX 8 cores are much better for BF 1 than Intel quads ( at least any that use DDR3) in large multiplayer maps. Watch my FX/780ti and compare to what you are seeing with your machine - pay attention to cpu usage and FPS
https://youtu.be/0jm3jsnsbQY
Thanks for all the videos its crazy how CPU dependent the game is, I've had decent FPS in the past but it seems recent updates and content additions have changed that. I was looking into a 4790K, tough to invest $300 in an otherwise un-upgrade able system.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timma100 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Unfortunately quad cores just can't handle BF1 very well . If you could upgrade to an 8 threaded i7 using the same motherboard your minimum FPS would nearly double in 64 player online maps.

Example of my 4790k with H/T disabled https://youtu.be/RCkQH9K4ri4

People really have a hard time admitting it around here but FX 8 cores are much better for BF 1 than Intel quads ( at least any that use DDR3) in large multiplayer maps. Watch my FX/780ti and compare to what you are seeing with your machine - pay attention to cpu usage and FPS
https://youtu.be/0jm3jsnsbQY
Thanks for all the videos its crazy how CPU dependent the game is, I've had decent FPS in the past but it seems recent updates and content additions have changed that. I was looking into a 4790K, tough to invest $300 in an otherwise un-upgrade able system.
You're welcome.

Some say you can try different mods to make it easier on the cpu but I haven't any experience with them.

Seems like a lot of money for the 4790k doesn't it? If it's any help - I remember averaging 120 + fps on a 64 player monte grappa map with mine while pushing a 290X at low settings 1080P I forget the clock somewhere between 4.4 and 5 ghz I'm sure.

My 1800X/Fury rig averages between 160 and 180 FPS when I graph entire 64 player maps such as st quentins scar and Giant's shadow. ( low graphics settings 4100+ on the cpu)

Best of luck whatever you decide to do..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,172 Posts
This has been the case since BF3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

This has been the case since BF3.
Considering I went from a Phenom II x4 playing BF3 getting 50FPS to my current 4670K and having no issues I can kind of see where you're coming from but not entirely. This is a new issue for BF1 for me, I have played it in the past with zero issues and consistently over 100FPS as I play with all settings at their lowest. However it seems things have recently changed, as I now get 50FPS at best.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,441 Posts
Do you have a second screen? If so, disable it. You might try turning the RAM frequency down to 1600 or 1866 too. Just thinking about if perhaps you have an unstable OC maybe... I dunno.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timma100 View Post

Considering I went from a Phenom II x4 playing BF3 getting 50FPS to my current 4670K and having no issues I can kind of see where you're coming from but not entirely. This is a new issue for BF1 for me, I have played it in the past with zero issues and consistently over 100FPS as I play with all settings at their lowest. However it seems things have recently changed, as I now get 50FPS at best.
It could be a recent patch. Just to rule out temp issue use HWINFO in the background during a game. Disable any other third party app. Check app after a few minutes of playing.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: timma100

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
3,897 Posts
low settings usually makes a game cpu intensive. Certain graphics setting will ping the video card more. You will need to experiment to see which ones they are.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top