Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see videos on Youtube where people are running Battlefield 1 at at least decent framerates with a Core2 Q9550, which is what I have. But when I go into BF1 I'm doing good to get in the 20-25 fps range. The GPU's they're using are more robust cards than mine - an Asus GTX770, but if the GPU monitoring is to be believed, mine isn't being max'd out at all, so it doesn't seem it would be a bottleneck. And on the flip side there are videos of people using a GTX770 for BF1 and it does fine. Also my resource monitor is telling me I'm not max'ing out my memory usage either.

Yeah yeah, I know the game is really meant to be run on newer, faster processors but wondering why I don't get the same results that others seem to.

Thoughts, insights?

Thanks.

·
Banned
57 Posts
what are the cards in the the videos ? and the settings they use? are the cpus overclocked in the vids? and what about yours?
core2 can still pack a punch for their age if your overclocking. but they don't far well with newer GPUs. I had a qx9650 with a 6990 and it sucked, I swapped it for dual 4890s and that was far better oddly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts