Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I play Bf 2142 sometimes it completely freeze my computer. No sound nothing. I cant alt tab out or anything...as you could tell with the alt tab part im in vista. Is it my GPU overheating becuase I keep it oc'ed high. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matman40
View Post

When I play Bf 2142 sometimes it completely freeze my computer. No sound nothing. I cant alt tab out or anything...as you could tell with the alt tab part im in vista. Is it my GPU overheating becuase I keep it oc'ed high. Thanks.

I actually have a similar problem and I think it's actually PunkBuster tweaking out on you. Sometimes mcaffee determines punkbuster to be a Trojan (?), so it freaks out on me and makes 2142 start stuttering like hell and making high pitch squeals at me, forcing a reboot.

I'd just tell your Firewall software to block PnkBustrA.exe from running since PnkBustrB.exe actually seems to work for me.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to add. That sometimes the game closes out and tells me that pnkbstrB.exe has stopped working so i have to restart....temps are like...59 idle and 88 playing.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matman40
View Post

I forgot to add. That sometimes the game closes out and tells me that pnkbstrB.exe has stopped working so i have to restart....temps are like...59 idle and 88 playing.

WOW, that's hot man... clock down please. And yea, Punkbuster keeps fricking up my 2142 sessions and I hate it! EA needs another patch!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
88C is normall. as unoverclocked its like 84C

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Happens all the time. It's some instability within the game itself, not your computer. Don't sweat it too much, it's EA's fault

1 - 7 of 7 Posts