Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm building my first computer to play battlefield 3 at max settings, got all my parts just wondering if it will be enough. Here are the specs.

CPU - intel i7 2600k
mobo - asus p8p67 evo
gpu - nvidia gtx 580
memory - 16gb corsair xms3

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You'll pwnface BF3 with that rig. Easy 60+ FPS at max.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Way too early to tell for certain. That system SHOULD play the game smoothly, but max settings.....who knows.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd say its probably a good start at least. No one knows what specs you'll need to max it out but you got the best thing you can buy atm basically so you shouldn't have much trouble running the game at a decent resolution. All else fails SLI 580's is always an option

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks i was considering 2 gtx 590's in sli when i first set out to build this computer... i decided it would be overkill in then end, but i can always upgrade if the 580 isn't enough:D

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Like others said, the system specs for BF3 hasn't been released so there's no clear answer but I would say if you play at 1920x1200/1080 resolution a single 580 should be able to do everything maxed out just fine. That's just my guess though.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You basically have the same specs as the rig that played the fault line series. That rig had one 580 and was rumoured to have a 2600k. However, apparantly there hasnt been a computer built yet that can run the game at MAX.
AA and AF all the way up at 2560x1600 res is gonna test any machine with this game i reckon.
I think you will be fine with playing the game on high settings at 1920 x 1080. Im looking to upgrade soon for this game but waiting for the specs to be released. The game should be massively awesomely optimised for PC so hopefully we will all be happy
smile.gif
!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8564dan;14176227
You basically have the same specs as the rig that played the fault line series. That rig had one 580 and was rumoured to have a 2600k. However, apparantly there hasnt been a computer built yet that can run the game at MAX.
AA and AF all the way up at 2560x1600 res is gonna test any machine with this game i reckon.
I think you will be fine with playing the game on high settings at 1920 x 1080. Im looking to upgrade soon for this game but waiting for the specs to be released. The game should be massively awesomely optimised for PC so hopefully we will all be happy
smile.gif
!
Ive heard that theres no computer than can max it out as well, do you have the source for this? or did you just repeat it

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garadex;14176183
Thanks i was considering 2 gtx 590's in sli when i first set out to build this computer... i decided it would be overkill in then end, but i can always upgrade if the 580 isn't enough:D
why do people think the more video cards you have the better off it will be, 3x580 will net you better than 2x590's

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garadex;14176183
Dont worry you'll be fine, the trailers and gameplays are recorded with a 580, so what your seeing is what you will get
smile.gif

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx;14176270
why do people think the more video cards you have the better off it will be, 3x580 will net you better than 2x590's
I thought the 590 was basically 2 580's welded together so 2 590's would be the same as 4 580's?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by james_ant
View Post

Got enough ram?

I don't know I was considering getting 32 gb because that's the max my mobo and operating system can take but I was told by some people that would be overkill so I settled for 16 gb
am i going to need to send it back and get 4 x 8gb ddr3...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts