Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Graphics aren't everything Eerazer. Do you really think this is going to make COD fans jealous? If you preferred to play COD over BF do you really think BF getting some high-res textures is going to make an ounce of difference?

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340;15221151
Graphics aren't everything Eerazer. Do you really think this is going to make COD fans jealous? If you preferred to play COD over BF do you really think BF getting some high-res textures is going to make an ounce of difference?
4a4bc80f_3678u_2D00_mad-1.jpg

·
3,589 Posts
Not sure how you're going to take me being mad from that, but okay. Pretty weak picture:relevance ratio.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340;15221151
umm yes, it would make a tremendous difference if i knew that another game that competes with the one i bought had a high res texture pack

i mean, who dosnt like good graphics?

and the modern military FPS genre is so polarizing do you have to hate BF just because you play Cod, i like both MW and BF

·
3,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristo;15221217
graphics are just as important as gameplay , its all about the experience .
I take it you've never heard of Terraria, Minecraft, or any other graphically inferior game that is insanely popular. Graphics mean little if the gameplay is solid. The sheer existence of console gamers should tell you that gameplay is held in a higher regard than graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkeyprince;15221226
umm yes, it would make a tremendous difference if i knew that another game that competes with the one i bought had a high res texture pack

i mean, who dosnt like good graphics?

and the modern military FPS genre is so polarizing do you have to hate BF just because you play Cod, i like both MW and BF
I think you read my post a little wrong, if you liked playing COD and didn't like playing BF, why would you care about the addition of a high-res texture pack to BF? You don't like playing it anyway, so why would that have any bearing on your jelly-status? (My example was people that are fans of COD not BF, since the guy who said 'you jelly' was referencing used that. Of course people can like both of them)

·
Registered
529 Posts
how is that going to work? they gonna increase the textures and reduce the resolution?

i don't get how they can give a texture pack if you can't upgrade the hardware...?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340;15221202
Not sure how you're going to take me being mad from that, but okay. Pretty weak picture:relevance ratio.
Maybe, he got it from your name?

Just kidding pal, not trying to instigate
gunner2.gif

I do agree with you though, why would a CoD fan boy care if BF3 is getting an option they don't have? I'm sure there are different types of fanboys, but the only ones I'm concerned about - are the ones who value true gameplay and the online experience.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

Protip Madman340, this is how you respond to that

·
3,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSleepin
View Post

how is that going to work? they gonna increase the textures and reduce the resolution?

i don't get how they can give a texture pack if you can't upgrade the hardware...?

I'm sure it's a limitation to the disc transfer rate more-so than graphical power in this case. Otherwise, I don't see why you would need to install it for the higher resolution.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340
View Post

You went out of way to prove a point that was irrelevant.

Anything to improve a game beyond what it is, is good.
The reason why people will choose one game over another is relative.

·
3,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldExclusive
View Post

You went out of way to prove a point that was irrelevant.

Anything to improve a game beyond what it is, is good.
The reason why people will choose one game over another is relative.

It was a valid response to a poster, how is that out of the way? What would be the point to forums if people only responded to the OP? Makes me think of a lot of people who throw around 'offtopic' etc when it isn't that big of a deal.

I agree it improves the game, but I don't agree it will make fans of another game that is very different jealous.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Now, I'm starting to think he's mad. He didn't respond to me, and you targeted him with something harsh - and he's responding back in anger.

Therefore, Madman340 is upset.

just kidding O_O

I really am!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think they will care because their new game, MW3 looks exactly the same as MW2, its the exact same engine that Infinity Ward used since like 2006....

The thing is it's age is showing. Frostbite 2 is a brand new engine, and having that texture pack on a game that already looks much better than MW3 graphics wise....

...Well you can see what I am saying I am sure.

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
Meh, they've burned the Call of Duty series into the ground and pissed on it.

If they game doesn't look good, then I USUALLY won't play it unless it has a really good story line or some very good game-play.

Gotta have my eye-candy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts