Overclock.net banner

What game mode and map?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Has to be classic conquest

Even with a bad team, you can still cap flags whereas with rush, you have no hope :/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosikwitit
View Post

wat poll?

Poll is up, didn't get to make it until I posted the thread.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by telamascope
View Post

Laguna Alta is a rush map, not a conquest map.

Are you sure?

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

Has to be classic conquest

Even with a bad team, you can still cap flags whereas with rush, you have no hope :/

That's exactly why I like Rush...

While I don't like the teams being hopelessly unbalanced, rush tends to force people to work together a LOT more than conquest. Conquest is just like... MW2 on a big map.

RUN HERE OBJECTIVE KILL KILL WHAT'S THAT A FRIENDLY I DONT KNOW SHOOT IT FF ISN'T ON AWESOME IT DIDN'T DIE THAT MUST BE A FRIENDLY OH THERES SOMETHING ELSE SHOOT IT SHOOT IT WHAT IS IT I DONT CARE PWND

·
Registered
318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyHvE
View Post

Are you sure?

I know for sure that it's a rush map, I just don't know if it's exclusively rush. I haven't played a conquest version AFAIK.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by telamascope View Post
I know for sure that it's a rush map, I just don't know if it's exclusively rush. I haven't played a conquest version AFAIK.
Well, this is confusing. My conclusion is that the names are being mixed up in different places. In the command center app for my server its clearly a conquest map. Also if I Google it, people talk about it as a conquest map. When I look at screens of the maps on some web pages, its pictured as a Rush map. These are the only sources I can find that state it as a rush map, and this is probably pre-beta info.

I think I'm gonna have to leave it this way..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyHvE View Post
Well, this is confusing. My conclusion is that the names are being mixed up in different places. In the command center app for my server its clearly a conquest map. Also if I Google it, people talk about it as a conquest map. When I look at screens of the maps on some web pages, its pictured as a Rush map. These are the only sources I can find that state it as a rush map, and this is probably pre-beta info.

I think I'm gonna have to leave it this way..
Never mind, you're right. I was confusing Laguna Alta with Valparaiso.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxi View Post
Rush + Arica Harbour = 24H of gaming in just five days

I've been running Atacama Desert on my server 24/7 on a full load, and it seems really popular with the people I speak to. It has something for everyone. Choppers, tanks, stationaries, and a ton of room..

However, it doesn't do so well in this poll.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I've been running Atacama Desert on my server 24/7 on a full load, and it seems really popular with the people I speak to. It has something for everyone. Choppers, tanks, stationaries, and a ton of room..

However, it doesn't do so well in this poll.

Conquest isnt so popular as rush is, at least I think so

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxi View Post
Conquest isnt so popular as rush is, at least I think so

Yeah, thats what I thought when I first started playing the retail version, but things are not what it seems. It actually offers a lot of freedom and diversity, and there's less rage from people from what I can see.

Also sniping isn't so excessive because the entire map is populated by both teams, and makes it almost impossible to camp. Not to forget the freedom of spawning on captured flags, so you don't necessarily have to spawn in your home base if your entire team has been wiped, which saves a tremendous amount of time running to the action.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah, thats what I thought when I first started playing the retail version, but things are not what it seems. It actually offers a lot of freedom and diversity, and there's less rage from people from what I can see.

Also sniping isn't so excessive because the entire map is populated by both teams, and makes it almost impossible to camp. Not to forget the freedom of spawning on captured flags, so you don't necessarily have to spawn in your home base if your entire team has been wiped, which saves a tremendous amount of time running to the action.

You haven't played in a game where your team's helicopter gets stolen :/
Game over when that happens.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiru
View Post

You haven't played in a game where your team's helicopter gets stolen :/
Game over when that happens.

Well, I have..

I run my server with this map 24/7, and base camping is prohibited, so stealing choppers is too. However, keeping a tag on who breaks the rules is a daunting task.

If I catch them its a kick or ban, because it rarely doesn't end up in spawn/base killing, and if I allow one person in the enemies base the rest will follow. Base killing is the most unresistable thing to do for people, and even when I make the rules constantly clear, people still do it, because they can't resist it. If I can manage to keep all the players out of each others bases, the game is very quiet and there's no significant rage.

Its always on full load, with a lot of regulars who come back because of those rules.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ugh Arica Harbor is a nightmare with a bad team... you can't even cross the initial open roadway without getting sniped from 5 directions or your tank focused by every AT thing the opponents have.

Though I do like Atacama Desert, reminds me a bit of the ol' Gulf of Oman BF2 map.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts