Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
There has been a lot of dancing around the subject, but no actual denial when it comes to the "rumored" Battlefield 3 Premium Service. Take Alan Kertz, for example.

Well, this is fine and all, but what does this tweet mean? Notice the words "Rumor and Speculation".

Those words provide no intention of denial, but exerts a rather subliminal way of saying "I wish you'd only post what I/We (DICE) approve of".

We can happily confirm that the Battlefield 3 Premium Content Service is no rumor, and is definitely set to launch on June 4th, 2012, along with the double XP for PC players.
When the "rumor" first started circulating, we had a credible source, which turned out to be right. Now we have multiple sources which are all saying the exact same thing.

The date may be subject to change as of now, since this post has gone live, but remember - it's coming, and with the mix reaction of fans, who knows where it'll take the Battlefield franchise.

Here's some the information regarding Battlefield Premium. Thanks to our good friend 32bita:

Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.
Source

You know what, i am not sadden by this at all, as long as the price is right, as i will buy them all anyway.
I really hope they are not only making 5 expansion packs, they better make more!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
"Premium" makes it sound like some subscription service, which obviously doesn't work for FPS. I don't understand why they don't just call it a 50$ quintuple expansion pack or something...

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai View Post

they just matching COD's "elite" subsciption
read the bold, they are and they are not, this is not a subscription based item, this is a one time fee product.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai View Post

they just matching COD's "elite" subsciption
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

Quote:
There has been a lot of dancing around the subject, but no actual denial when it comes to the "rumored" Battlefield 3 Premium Service. Take Alan Kertz, for example.
Well, this is fine and all, but what does this tweet mean? Notice the words "Rumor and Speculation".
Those words provide no intention of denial, but exerts a rather subliminal way of saying "I wish you'd only post what I/We (DICE) approve of".
We can happily confirm that the Battlefield 3 Premium Content Service is no rumor, and is definitely set to launch on June 4th, 2012, along with the double XP for PC players.
When the "rumor" first started circulating, we had a credible source, which turned out to be right. Now we have multiple sources which are all saying the exact same thing.
The date may be subject to change as of now, since this post has gone live, but remember - it's coming, and with the mix reaction of fans, who knows where it'll take the Battlefield franchise.
Here's some the information regarding Battlefield Premium. Thanks to our good friend 32bita:
Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.
I didnt see the word subscription in here, did you?

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
This better not go over $30.

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
If it $30 or under i will get it.

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
If they keep up with their current format of 4 maps and 10 weapons per pack (according to the B2K and CQ packs), that will amount to 20 maps and 50 weapons (hmm) total? Plus vehicles etc blah blah blah.

If the price (including whatever extras they hopefully throw in) is right, it could work out as a nice accumulated expansion pack.

If they are "offering" all the packs in their "service" whatever its implementation, they will have to be discounted from the current pack price (when assessing the overall price of the service, whatever it will be or how they will implement it).

Edit: Didn't read the one time fee part.

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivr56 View Post

I cant see it being 30.
My guess is 40-50.
DLC all in will run you 75 dollars in the end if you just get those.
That's around £30 which is what I am also feeling it will come to.

Then again UK prices are always rip off compared to US so who knows.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Definitely depends on price... I suspect it'll be 30-40 dollars. A minor discount from buying each pack separately at 8-10 dollars per expansion. 30 USD seems fair... Interesting that it's a one-time purchase. I feel like they're trying to get COD Elite, but be different. In this case, different for the sake of being different worked out (imo) better, with a one-time purchase. The next thing I'm wondering, though, is how many more one-time purchases are they going to come up with? If it's like, BF Premium, BF Platinum, BF Premium Platinum, BF Ti-Pt Alloy, then it could turn out to be far worse than COD Elite.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Does it come with all the cheating hacks that are so prevalent as well?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

People still play BF3?? Why...
Because it's a game with fantastic graphics, great and immersive team-based multiplayer and amazing support from DICE.

The real question is why people feel the need to ridicule something so many enjoy, even if they don't like it themselves?

·
Times flies
2,253 Posts
I was stupid enough to get COD Elite, and just decided to stop wasting my time/money with COD after 1 week of playing MW3.
I haven't touched my xbox since
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_nel View Post

I didnt see the word subscription in here, did you?
I concur. It not like they are following what the Korean market has been doing with their free to play FPS games. As long as EA doing something else like having a bundle such as this, I think that's a good move in earning my $$$ as long as providing me something new.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts