Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had a 6700k and perform well but wanted to upgrade motherboard and cpu to start streaming,bought ryzen 2700x with asus x470-f mobo
reused my corsair vengence led 16gb c16 3200 ram
the issue im having is that when i play battlefield 1
it crashes with no errors afer playing for a couple of minutes.
game freezes for 2 sec and closes .
things i tried so far

reformating
windows update 1803
disable origin ingame
uninstalling gpu drivers ddu in safe mode and reinstalling older drivers
disable smt
double checking ram timings and running bencharks with no issues
disable oc on cpu and gpu
reinstalling bf1
clearing cache
cant remember what else i tried,so tired trying evrything.
If anyone can please help me

this crashing started happening after getting new ryzen cpu

same 1080ti gpu ,same ssd,power supply

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the CPU is pulling more current and causing it to shut off.

I know this might sound like a long shot but it may be worth taking it apart and putting it back together again, reason being a) its a computer it kinda likes to be annoying b) it could be something really simple like its not grounded right and when under load its causing it to cut out. c) it could be a loose connection on the cpu, ram, power connections. so re-seating them all could bring them back

What power supply have you got?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I found issue,tried lower ram to 2366 and 1.35 v so far is good.will keep u updated Incase anyone else having same issues

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,168 Posts
Think I found issue,tried lower ram to 2366 and 1.35 v so far is good.will keep u updated Incase anyone else having same issues
Sounds like Ryzen+ is still just as picky with memory as Ryzen was. You needed some tweaking to get Ryzen stable past 2666MHz.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found it to be stable at 2933 1.35 but cant go pass that with corsair vengence led ram
going to try gskill b-die

1 - 5 of 5 Posts