Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Millions of Blackberry owners across Europe, the Middle East and Africa have been left without services following a server crash.

Owners of the smartphones were unable to browse the web, send email or instant messages.

The problem appears to have originated in a datacentre in Slough which handles Blackberry services for the affected regions.

Blackberry UK said it knew about the problem and was "investigating".

In a tweet sent around 14:42 BST, the company said: "Some users in EMEA are experiencing issues."

A subsequent statement said Blackberry was: "working to resolve an issue currently impacting some Blackberry subscribers in Europe Middle East and Africa."

It apologised for the inconvenience that the ongoing problem was causing its customers.

Earlier on 10 October mobile operators in the UK, Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar and other nations pointed the finger at Blackberry owner RIM when replying to tweets from customers complaining about the problems.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15243892

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I really liked my Blackberry. Probably the most professional-oriented phone I've ever owned. I have contemplated going back a few times now.

Hopefully they get it sorted quickly, I know how difficult it can be not having e-mail when mobile.

·
Registered
871 Posts
not good. as much as i love the games n features n toys that come with android/iphone, when it comes to basic calling/texting/email/calender/customization, my old blackberry is vastly superior to anything else

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeast;15251625
not good. as much as i love the games n features n toys that come with android/iphone, when it comes to basic calling/texting/email/calender/customization, my old blackberry is vastly superior to anything else
Hmm of course iPhone and Android are meant for games...
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
OT: That's lame. I loved my old curve, probably as much as I love my 4! Can't beat the keyboard on a BB, either.

Opinion: Oh no, now we have to hear the power-hungry politicians say "SEE! Once again! RIM fails! Blackberry servers need to be regulated and monitored by the government!" "It will stop T3H TERRORIZMS!!!1!!ONE!!1!11!!!"

Although I believe a couple countries (including the US?) have access to RIM's once private servers.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
You'd think they have a backup server that updates every hour/day for something like this.

In other news, I don't miss my old 8330 Curve. Other than the keyboard (which was tedious to type on after awhile), having to do constant battery pulls, the horrendous web browsing, the lack of games/apps...all of it was just miserable.

·
Registered
954 Posts
lol bb. i hated my 9650. had to check my ram sdpace every hour or so cuz if i ran out, the phone would lock up! when it got close had to do a hard reset XD no other way to get ram back.

imagine doing this every 6 hours. and i havent even begun to talk about the lack of apps and......DAT CLICKY SCREEN
gunner2.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts