Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Carmageddon, a notorious video game from the late nineties, is attempting to raise crowd-sourced funding to make a return.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18009412

I'm bringing it back! As a late 90's PC gamer who played the second game during C++ class in high school, I am looking forward to this and going to find the kickstarter for it. It was and still is a violent game but I have a good sense of humor
thumb.gif
. There is only one Compaq laptop left in the house that is still working from 2003 that can play both the old games, everything else is too modern.

·
Bass Enabler
944 Posts
I played WAY too much Carmageddon 2 back in the day.

Heh. Wish I could play it now...

·
PCMR
1,492 Posts
I've pledged few bucks , really hope they will reach their target , played the crap outta Carmageddon back in the day , absolutely loved that game.
Thanks for the info mate.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talynn67 View Post

Quote:
Carmageddon, a notorious video game from the late nineties, is attempting to raise crowd-sourced funding to make a return.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18009412
I'm bringing it back! As a late 90's PC gamer who played the second game during C++ class in high school, I am looking forward to this and going to find the kickstarter for it. It was and still is a violent game but I have a good sense of humor
thumb.gif
. There is only one Compaq laptop left in the house that is still working from 2003 that can play both the old games, everything else is too modern.
Repost!
wink.gif
http://www.overclock.net/t/1255332/kickstarter-carmageddon-joins-the-kickstarter-list/0_40

But yeah. I can't wait for this to come back, and considering all the trouble they were going through to find a publisher, crowdfunding is the best bet.

Anyone have a spare $10,000 so I can design my own track?
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I loved running over people in Carmageddon 2
biggrin.gif
. I had censored version with zombies instead of humans first, fortunately someone uploaded gore patch to internet. It was slow download with 56k modem but worth it
redface.gif
. It also had very advanced physics for car destruction. I'm very interested in this sequel, hopefully the violence is not watered down from previous games.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i read some of you can't play carmageddon in todays pcs

well in xp it is actually very easy just using a glide wrapper, you can play at 1080 if you want, perfect framerates etc, you need to read a little

on the other hand running in win7 and x64 that is hell but still is possible, but too much reading and tweaking, xp is the best way to enjoy the games

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoops, oh yea it was a repost, oh well more coverage i guess.
Yea it only works on that compaq i have access too because it's the last win XP machine we have. All my other functioning computers are Win7. But even when my Alienware M9750 "Mongoose" was working WinXP 32bit I could not get it to run didn't like the SLI graphics cards or something but it was happy on that Nvidia Chipset on that old compaq. The compaq "Serenity" belongs to my Fiance actually and still works she was using it up until last Christmas happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts