Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is pretty much for the discussion of which weapons/specializations you guys like to use for different classes and why. My ulterior motive is to help myself figure out what's effective and what isn't


My contribution

Assault:
AN-94 (insanely accurate with great damage - just have to get used not having full auto)
M1911 (I use it for the high damage - the revolver seems to have an insane amount more recoil for not very much additional damage)
GR UPGR (nades and the noob tube are my primary more so than the rifle)
BODY AR (is it just me or does the MMN AR specialization not do much?
)

Anyways - share away guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Sniper:

SVU (Love the rapid and accurate firing) or the VSS for the accuracy, different scenarios for each

M93R Best pistol for any situation, quick enough firing to bring down anyone who is in front of it.

12x Scope

And the targeting (?) system that you get as a sniper

I love all classes though, but on a big enough map, getting 400 points for a long range snipe is just awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Assault:

AN-94
1911
Kobra Red Dot
Magnum Ammo
Vehicle Damage

Medic:

M60
1911
Kobra Red Dot
Magnum Ammo
Vehicle Damage

Recon:

M95
1911
12x Scope
Magnum Ammo
Vehicle Damage

Engineer:

Ak-74u
1911
Extra Explosives
Explosive Damage
Vehicle Damage

The AN-94 and M60 are pretty much the best weapons in the game. I've already got Platinum stars for both so I'm working on the M16A2 now. Although, if I'm not using one of these weapons, I feel severely underpowered. Some weapons definitely need to be balanced out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Recon: M95
1911
12x scope
Magnum Bullets
and random vehicle perk,depends on the situation..

its kinda pathetic how in non-harcore the 50 cal doesn't do 1 shot kill unless in the head..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by WaRTaco
View Post

Recon: M95
1911
12x scope
Magnum Bullets
and random vehicle perk,depends on the situation..

its kinda pathetic how in non-harcore the 50 cal doesn't do 1 shot kill unless in the head..

Especially when it will blow you in two in real life lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by t3lancer2006
View Post

Especially when it will blow you in two in real life lol.

exactly.. i mean in hardcore i took out 2 guys with one bullet.. and it rapes, even with magnum ammo...still 2 shots
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by Radiix
View Post

The AN-94 and M60 are pretty much the best weapons in the game. I've already got Platinum stars for both so I'm working on the M16A2 now. Although, if I'm not using one of these weapons, I feel severely underpowered. Some weapons definitely need to be balanced out.

Gotta agree about the AN-94... once you get out of the habit of trying to full auto, it's a very deadly gun. I just started working on the medic unlocks and am maybe 2k away from the m60 so we'll see how that one works out.

Also another contribution

Sniper:
GOL (reloads slightly faster than the m24 and I like the crosshair better)
MP-443 (the 17 cap ammo is handy for taking the last bit off health off someone as well as engaging people at med range. Having a 1911 or revolver seems silly when it would only be handy at very close range)
12x scope
MGNM Ammo

Just curious as to why so many guys seem to like the m95 so much? Even with magnum ammo I don't think it 1 shot kills to the chest does it? And if not, why not have something with better crosshairs / reloads a lot faster?
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by killa_concept
View Post

Just curious as to why so many guys seem to like the m95 so much? Even with magnum ammo I don't think it 1 shot kills to the chest does it? And if not, why not have something with better crosshairs / reloads a lot faster?


M95 sounds great and has great animations, that's the main reason I use it. Also with the magnum ammo its great at close range for attacking a base.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha - I just unlocked the 12 gauge slug and I'm loving it! 870MCS + Magnum ammo + Slugs = 1 shot kills within 50 feet so long as you hit them center mass. Funny that this is capable of 1 shot kills but not the m95 + Magnum rounds. Oh, and the best part is that you can use the combination on any class
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
Haha - I just unlocked the 12 gauge slug and I'm loving it! 870MCS + Magnum ammo + Slugs = 1 shot kills within 50 feet so long as you hit them center mass. Funny that this is capable of 1 shot kills but not the m95 + Magnum rounds. Oh, and the best part is that you can use the combination on any class

M95 will 1 hit kill unless you are far away - just as long as you hit them in the chest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,217 Posts
Engi:
AKS74
1911
Rocket lawnchair (don't know which one)

SMG silencer
Extended range

Recon:
Shotty
1911
Mortar
Slugs
Extended range
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:


Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
View Post

M95 will 1 hit kill unless you are far away - just as long as you hit them in the chest.

Huh - I haven't really been working on my recon unlocks since I pretty much got the rifle I wanted (the GOL). But if the m95 can in fact 1SK, I might start working on my recon class again. How far away exactly until the rifle doesn't 1SK to the chest?

Also for those who have it, can the M14 be mounted with the various scopes?

Oh and a contribution, Sneak-up-on-tanks-and-blow-it-to-bits Assault:
Saiga
M1911
C4
LW Pack or Slugs
SG UPGR

I love this class for defending Valparaiso rush. The foliage makes sneaking around in the jungle area a breeze, the saiga with 12 rounds takes out people you run into quite easily, and you're an assault class so you can just refill your C4 after taking out a tank. I get an easy 5k a round with this setup, if not more (depending on awards)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Quote:


I love this class for defending Valparaiso rush. The foliage makes sneaking around in the jungle area a breeze, the saiga with 12 rounds takes out people you run into quite easily, and you're an assault class so you can just refill your C4 after taking out a tank. I get an easy 5k a round with this setup, if not more (depending on awards)

Sounds fun, I haven't played around as assault with c4 yet. I use a pretty standard setup personally:
M416
M1911
Noob tube
LW pack
Magnum bullets

For the vehicle gadget, I use the fast reload. It's incredibly good, but I see no one else use it, ever. In a tank on tank fight it definitely trumps the extra armor, and is helpful when gunning in choppers or using the UAV.
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by killa_concept
View Post

Huh - I haven't really been working on my recon unlocks since I pretty much got the rifle I wanted (the GOL). But if the m95 can in fact 1SK, I might start working on my recon class again. How far away exactly until the rifle doesn't 1SK to the chest?

Not 100% sure but all snipers do it under 5m, it just seems the M95 will do it under like 30m. The thing I still like isn't the power its just the sound and the animations, they are just great. The GOL is a pretty good gun too, but I never liked the scope - had to use the 4x one instead. The M24 is of course great and the only other sniper I ever use is the Vintorez however with that I use magnum ammo and a red dot sight and use it like an assault rifle as there is a real life variant like that.
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by carl25
View Post

guys if i'm not mistaken mgn ammo doesn't actually affect the snipers too much, especially the m95

It'll affect guns with lower power more, such as the Vintorez but I do find it is a little better on the M95, even if it only takes a tiny bit more health off its worth it over most of the other things.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by carl25 View Post
guys if i'm not mistaken mgn ammo doesn't actually affect the snipers too much, especially the m95
I'd have to disagree.. while it doesn't boost the damage to a 1SK, it does seem to do more damage (like 90% of health instead of 80%). After a body shot with the GOL, it tends to take 1 or two body shots with my mp-443 at medium range to finish the guy off. With the GOL + MGNM Ammo, it takes 1 shot with the mp-443 to basically anywhere (I hit someone in the foot once and that took him down).

This is also why I prefer the GOL to the m95 and m24 - while the latter two are technically more powerful, with the magnum perk it's all negated since all three injure the enemy to the point of only needing a single pistol round to finish off. Since they all technically do the same amount of damage, I pick the one that reloads fastest of the three
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top