Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BC2 taxes my system. on the missions when your like in the forest/jungle fraps says i get 50 to 70 FPS but its still as choppy as hell. Is this a game problem that will soon be fixed?

Im maxing it out with 8x AA and 16x AF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
I notice some clipping and texture pop in from about 5 yards away from my character, but I believe that's the game itself. The new "patch 2" gives me a weird black flicker before loading each new area via cutscene.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by donutpirate View Post
I notice some clipping and texture pop in from about 5 yards away from my character, but I believe that's the game itself. The new "patch 2" gives me a weird black flicker before loading each new area via cutscene.
agreed.

i have my game forced dxlevel 10 through the game setting file. that helped a tiny bit but still. this game is a TANK. more then crysis on my system
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,270 Posts
Going into the BFBC2 folder in documents and changing "RenderAheadLimit" to 10 helped smooth things out for me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa.Smurf View Post
Going into the BFBC2 folder in documents and changing "RenderAheadLimit" to 10 helped smooth things out for me.
alright i changed it. what exactly does that do?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by donutpirate View Post
I notice some clipping and texture pop in from about 5 yards away from my character, but I believe that's the game itself. The new "patch 2" gives me a weird black flicker before loading each new area via cutscene.
yeah the patch has created that issue for me too. i thought patches were supposed to fix stuff...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
yeah the patch has created that issue for me too. i thought patches were supposed to fix stuff...

yeah no idea lol. funny thing though multiplayer is perfectly smooth for me

This game isnt as polished as once thought. but they will be fixing it
 

·
I heard you were dead...
Joined
·
8,514 Posts
That's OK. If I use any more than 2x MSAA in the game menu (not forced in my drivers) then I get random black squares popping up all over the place. However, with 24x edge-detect AA and 16x AF and whatever that advanced AA is forced in my drivers I get better frame rates and no black square problem...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post
That's OK. If I use any more than 2x MSAA in the game menu (not forced in my drivers) then I get random black squares popping up all over the place. However, with 24x edge-detect AA and 16x AF and whatever that advanced AA is forced in my drivers I get better frame rates and no black square problem...
yeah thats a game problem
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,307 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mocha989
View Post

yeah no idea lol. funny thing though multiplayer is perfectly smooth for me

This game isnt as polished as once thought. but they will be fixing it

well both campaign and mutliplayer are really smooth for me. and i'm playing maxed out settings. maybe i have a golden computer lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
I get a steady 70-80 FPS with 16xAF and 8xAA and that weird HAO(?) lighting enabled with everything on high. For some reason, V-Sync won't limit my FPS to 60. Dunno why. I'm gonna try that smoothing thing and see if it helps any.

Edit: Didn't help... Oh well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mocha989 View Post
why would i get ati cards?
Because they are "Better" or "Better Value"
I dont believe so but what ever.

I was looking at your stats. Thats very Odd i would have thought those cards were sufficient.

Now if i recall from when i had the beta i believe Nvidia released a update which allowed BC2 to use SLI.
I remeber this because i had horrible performance untill i updated.
Try updating your Nvidia software.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolGuy View Post
Because they are "Better" or "Better Value"
I dont believe so but what ever.

I was looking at your stats. Thats very Odd i would have thought those cards were sufficient.

Now if i recall from when i had the beta i believe Nvidia released a update which allowed BC2 to use SLI.
I remeber this because i had horrible performance untill i updated.
Try updating your Nvidia software.
i have hte most recent WHQLs. the ones that supposivly cause cards to overheat but i havent noticed a single problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top