Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions to help me from getting my ass kicked... I am usually getting lower than .45 KDR...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
stop running and gunning, if they can see you your doing something wrong, try using the shotguns specifically the pump actions along with pump canceling

·
Registered
875 Posts
Stick with your squad members. You can help each other.

Make a habit of aiming to the head. If you get good at that you can kill more than just one or two people that are shooting at you. You should keep your aim at head level. Many people keep the aim low. That small distance makes a huge difference from them killing you or you being killed.

Also make a habit of tagging people when you aim at them. Tag any enemy you see. It helps your team and also makes it easier for you to hit them if they are far away.

Don't make your mouse sensitivity too high in this game since a lot of times you can shoot people from far away and you need more control. Unless you have a mouse with a lot of DPI settings but I would think that gets too complicated. I find it really helpful to have a mouse with interchangeable speeds when sniping or just when using an assault rifle when aiming close up or at far range especially. And when you get in a tank you can turn up the mouse speed to the max so you can move the turret quickly.
biggrin.gif

Don't hold down the trigger unless you are close to the person. You can for a short time but then it takes a little while for it to come back to normal. From a distance it is better to fire in short bursts with automatic guns.

EDIT: DenKirson's site shows all the stats for all weapons in BFBC2 and also other games. You can use it to choose the weapon you want to use the most or just to compare.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATu;14016910
Stick with your squad members. You can help each other.

Make a habit of aiming to the head. If you get good at that you can kill more than just one or two people that are shooting at you. You should keep your aim at head level. Many people keep the aim low. That small distance makes a huge difference from them killing you or you being killed.

Also make a habit of tagging people when you aim at them. Tag any enemy you see. It helps your team and also makes it easier for you to hit them if they are far away.

Don't hold down the trigger unless you are close to the person. You can for a short time but then it takes a little while for it to come back to normal. From a distance it is better to fire in short bursts with automatic guns.

EDIT: DenKirson's site shows all the stats for all weapons in BFBC2 and also other games. You can use it to choose the weapon you want to use the most or just to compare.
Very good advice right here, +1
The biggest gain I ever had was on fear combat and playing on a pro server, the dudes there gave me some very good pointers.
Biggest thing was changing your lvl of aim, keep aimed at head going up down stairs.
Some others would be
crouch when shooting at someone moving.
jump when you are being shot at (this works great for me) side jumping always throws off people's aim when they are sighted in.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If you feel trapped, remember to use the power of the noob tube to make some new entrances and exits in buildings.

To start off with, I'd go medic to help keep the team alive and keep tickets up as attackers, that will really rack you up a lot of points and help with getting some of the vehicle unlocks and some others as well.

Definitely don't ever do full auto unless you are right next to some one.

I my self like to fire in three shot bursts with what ever gun I am using. I keep my aim at the neck so recoil puts the last shots into the head for me instead of wasting them and only getting one shot in the head and having to burst again. No gun will put three shots dead into some one's head in one burst for a kill, and if you're not playing hard core with magnum ammo and an M95, then one shot to the head won't be enough.

Always tag though, this way even if you don't get the kill you can get 60 point assists, 20 for tagging and 40 if you hit him hard but your squad mate got him, or if some one out of your squad gets him you can still get 20-50 point assists.

Don't worry about your K/D, worry about your team's tickets and/or how close the enemy is to the objectives.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Do NOT play like its COD. Many learn the hard way. Just play smart, stick with teammates, flank, use all of your classes skills. Mark/spot enemies if the server allows it.

If you're using some kind of rifle/MG, rapidly tap the mouse button instead of just holding it down and spraying. Rapid taps are more accurate, so you'll be much more likely to land more shots, get the kill, etc.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
While I don't have unreal K/D's, I do consider myself a pretty darn good player; and truth be told, this was my first military shooter I ever played online. Before it was all Quake games for me, so the only thing that I could remotely relate from playing in the arena to playing on the battlefield was the most simple game type of them all, deathmatch.

I played BC2 Squad Deathmatch until I was like around rank 20, mainly because I didn't know anything else, and if I ever dared to play Rush/Conquest, I at least wanted to contribute to my team in some form or fashion. I finally jumped into Rush one day with my clanmates, and while we got owned for the most part, I had a good enough feel for my weapons that I could at least hold my own in a firefight.

This is what helped me tremendously in becoming a really good rusher, because while Rush itself seemed pretty fast at times, I was at least able to keep myself from going 1/30, and that really helped me catch on fast to becoming what I am today. It allowed me to stick around with veterans more often, and just watch and learn how they played the game, and it gave me some insight on some very valuable tactics used to be successful on the battlefield.

So I might not know exactly what game type you play, but from what you've shown in your OP, it sounds like you need to go back to the basics, and once you get that down your skills will skyrocket.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3g4;14017008
Very good advice right here, +1
The biggest gain I ever had was on fear combat and playing on a pro server, the dudes there gave me some very good pointers.
Biggest thing was changing your lvl of aim, keep aimed at head going up down stairs.
Some others would be
crouch when shooting at someone moving.
jump when you are being shot at (this works great for me) side jumping always throws off people's aim when they are sighted in.
Thanks
smile.gif

In addition to what you said it is really good to move side to side while shooting when someone is shooting back at you. Not too much and not too little though.

And also, before running into a flag area check the area out from farther away and then in the buildings before going to the flag spot. You might even find a sniper or other camper just waiting to be knifed hehe.

·
Registered
406 Posts
1. Play hardcore - it is a lot more fun because there is no tagging and it takes less to kill/be killed

2. There are some really good low level guns. -XM8 for assult I think is the second best until you get the AN-94. The first sniper rifle is really good too.

3. Use magnum ammo

4. If you want a high KDR become a master at using tanks.

5. Reload your gun when ever you have cover/time to do it. You don't want to die because you run out of bullets in your clip.

6. Learn your favourite maps. Also try to learn where people usually hide etc.

7. When sniping use magnum ammo and the 12x scope. For long range I like to use the GOL and for stealth/ medium range I like to use the VSS. Use the mortar not c4.

8. Learn when to use the grenade launcher(noob tube) or c4.

All of the other tips in this thread are good. But remember that winning is more important than your KDR. And most important of all HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottery;14017876
And most important of all HAVE FUN!
This.

Definitely the greatest tip ever written for any video game. I get uncontrollable rage at times and it doesn't make the video games very enjoyable
redface.gif
It's been getting a lot better though. I've been keeping that in the back of my head all the time and the rage has gone down lol Also, it probably went down since I sold MW2 a while back... And since I don't play black ops any more...
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
470 Posts
i was going to post something similar, asking for help also. I play Rush mode almost exclusively, since day 1 ( i just like the objective), but my biggest problem is aiming/shooting. so so many times I've seen the enemy, shot rapidly, only to have them take 1 or 2 shots and bam i'm dead. I'm actually a really good team player like throwing plenty of ammo, spotting, reviving people and throwing medic packs to squad and teammates who need it. My K/D ratio is garbage too but I stick to the objectives and help teammates. I just can't for the life of me get the timing down. I know one thing is the fact that i'm not really used to playing on a keyboard/mouse. I know what i want to do, but getting my fingers on the right keys at the right time is tough at times. Here is something i'd like to know, what are everyone's preferred weapons package for each class?? It may give me an idea of what guns i need to use! btw, this thread has very helpful!

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
If you think someone is nearby, don't run, you can get your sights up quicker if your walking. Stick with your squad. If in doubt, throw a grenade and run the opposite direction. Scan the skies constantly for UAV's.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottery;14017876
1. Play hardcore - it is a lot more fun because there is no tagging and it takes less to kill/be killed

2. There are some really good low level guns. -XM8 for assult I think is the second best until you get the AN-94. The first sniper rifle is really good too.

3. Use magnum ammo

4. If you want a high KDR become a master at using tanks.

5. Reload your gun when ever you have cover/time to do it. You don't want to die because you run out of bullets in your clip.

6. Learn your favourite maps. Also try to learn where people usually hide etc.

7. When sniping use magnum ammo and the 12x scope. For long range I like to use the GOL and for stealth/ medium range I like to use the VSS. Use the mortar not c4.

8. Learn when to use the grenade launcher(noob tube) or c4.

All of the other tips in this thread are good. But remember that winning is more important than your KDR. And most important of all HAVE FUN!
mortar isn't always the best. It's usually better for more open maps. or how you feel like playing. Or especially when sniping from far away. with c4 you can defend a place by killing someone driving in or even just infantry if you know where to put the c4

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltg2227;14018044
i was going to post something similar, asking for help also. I play Rush mode almost exclusively, since day 1 ( i just like the objective), but my biggest problem is aiming/shooting. so so many times I've seen the enemy, shot rapidly, only to have them take 1 or 2 shots and bam i'm dead. I'm actually a really good team player like throwing plenty of ammo, spotting, reviving people and throwing medic packs to squad and teammates who need it. My K/D ratio is garbage too but I stick to the objectives and help teammates. I just can't for the life of me get the timing down. I know one thing is the fact that i'm not really used to playing on a keyboard/mouse. I know what i want to do, but getting my fingers on the right keys at the right time is tough at times.
This is the reason why I'd recommend spending a bit of time in SQDM. It's not so you can get a high K/D (the game type only keeps count of kills FYI
wink.gif
) but so you can learn how to stay alive. SQDM is simple - kill or be killed - and with that, playing some of it will help you teach those basic things that sometimes get overlooked because of how crazy the other game types can get. Once you start to better yourself in SQDM, you'll find yourself staying alive a lot longer in the other game types - and that means being able to stick around with teammates more to get the objective done, and learning tactics and techniques from the experienced ones as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltg2227;14018044
i'd like to know, what are everyone's preferred weapons package for each class?? It may give me an idea of what guns i need to use! btw, this thread has very helpful!
This is highly, HIGHLY dependent on what game type one plays, and their play style. So with that being said, what's your play style? Do you like to attack M-COM's a lot? Heal people? Snipe?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stay with your team mates, use cover and fire in short bursts.

Just aim for the head and tap the left mouse button

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
When you start, play Squad DM for some basic weapon knowledge.

You can start with HC, its easier to play and more new players seem to like it. Later on move to regular mode, better players usually stay there and you can learn from them.

Don't camp on a rock using 12x lol. The extra ammo or explosive perk is way better than the 12x. And you won't be useful for the team if you sit away from the objectives, not capping/defusing.

About the gamemodes:

Rush - attackers usually use the same routes, so knowing the map is the key here.

Conquest - More open spaces, more routes to flank from. Keep your eye on the surroundings.

Something about classes:

Engineer: When there are vechicles on the map, spawn as engi first and lay down the Anti-Tank Mines. You can lay down max 6 mines and they stay untill they are destroyed.
You can put down the mines and then spawn as some other class. Many people won't notice them even if they sit in the middle of the road.

Assault: Good class for close-med range combat. Lay down ammo boxes to give yourself and your teammates some ammo. Use smokegrenades when playing rush mode. They are extremely useful when used right.

Medic: Don't revive people when they can get killed again....

Recon: Throw motion balls to uncover enemies. Best used when you stay bit back from your team, spotting enemies and shooting them in the head.

Also. You can throw C4 far by first clicking the throw button and then jumping.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts