Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading in this thread (What is this TJ Max in RealTemp) about the BCLK.

bclk.jpg 95k .jpg file

Currently I am rendering a fractal and the above image is showing the Real Temp stats. I have an Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor but it is very slow compared to other peoples rendering speeds. I think the problem is that this computer has an integrated graphics card and so I am wanting to purchase Nvidia Quadro down the track.
In the meantime I am trying to take care of the present system like checking the temperature so as not to overwork it. Could anyone please look at the temp stats and offer any advice. (I am also looking into overclocking but know nothing about it and if it would suit this system for my needs.) Is 100.09 BCLCK ok? Do I need to disable the CPU Spread Spectrum as was recommended in the above thread?

Attachments

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienrk View Post

I was just reading in this thread (What is this TJ Max in RealTemp) about the BCLK.

bclk.jpg 95k .jpg file

Currently I am rendering a fractal and the above image is showing the Real Temp stats. I have an Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor but it is very slow compared to other peoples rendering speeds. I think the problem is that this computer has an integrated graphics card and so I am wanting to purchase Nvidia Quadro down the track.
In the meantime I am trying to take care of the present system like checking the temperature so as not to overwork it. Could anyone please look at the temp stats and offer any advice. (I am also looking into overclocking but know nothing about it and if it would suit this system for my needs.) Is 100.09 BCLCK ok? Do I need to disable the CPU Spread Spectrum as was recommended in the above thread?
I am only able to talk about overclocking and the 100.09 MHz BCLK.

Overclocking would only be possible if:

1. ...you have a good high-quality power supply. So, I would need to know what the brand and the exact model is so that I could tell you whether it's any good.
  2. ...you have a good Z77 motherboard, or a good Z68 motherboard at minimum. So, I would need to know the exact motherboard you have in order to tell you if it's any good.
  3. ...you have a good CPU cooler. Judging from your temps, it doesn't look like it.
  4. ...you have a good computer case for airflow with a minimum of one intake fan and one exhaust fan.

The fluctuations in clock speeds is very normal; they never sit perfectly still. So, 100.09 MHz is fine.

Off-topic: if you decide to post any more screenshots or images, then please use the toolbar button for inserting images directly into the post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Two Cables. I don't know the power supply or motherboard. They are questions I am going to ask the vendor next week. Thank you for the feedback on 100.09 stat.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
The vendor? If some kind of a vendor is involved, then I doubt very much that the parts are good enough for overclocking.

Why not just open the case up and take a look inside and then tell me what's in it? If that's too much, then overclocking will be a little too much. It's not good to overclock if you don't really know computers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I will open it up in the next few days. I think that the motherboard is an Asus but I don't know the number. I won't be doing the overclocking myself, i would take it to my computer technician if . At the moment it's just something that I am looking at to increase the performance. Thanks!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienrk View Post

Ok, I will open it up in the next few days. I think that the motherboard is an Asus but I don't know the number. I won't be doing the overclocking myself, i would take it to my computer technician if . At the moment it's just something that I am looking at to increase the performance. Thanks!
Overclocking is too easy to pay someone to do it for you - or even to just have someone do it for free. It doesn't require a technician. Overclocking just requires the proper quality of computer parts and a brain in your head that can do simple tasks. lol ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts