Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Last month at E3, everyone was talking about "Project Natal", the code name for Microsoft's controller-less camera technology for the Xbox 360 game console. When asked if the technology could come to the PC as well, Microsoft execs wouldn't commit saying only that they were just talking about the Xbox 360's uses during E3.

Well, no less than Microsoft founder Bill Gates has blown Project Natal's Xbox 360 exclusivity. News.com reports that Gates has confirmed that they are bringing the gesture-based technology to Windows as well. Gates is quoted as saying, "Both the Xbox guys and the Windows guys latched onto that and now even since they latched onto it the idea of how it can be used in the office is getting much more concrete, and is pretty exciting."

Office use, Bill? We are betting that when Project Natal tech does come to Windows we will see some PC game apps as well.
lol what?
http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/07/...to-the-pc-too/

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Does anyone besides me see all this motion sensing tech as a gimmick?

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skarm
View Post

Yup. It has it's place, but I dont want to HAVE to control everything by motions. Call it laziness, but it's just not something I dont ever want to rely on.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well the tech is old and cheap to make. The only thing was that no one thought that there is anything better than keyboard/mouse combo, especially when your arms get really tired from making motions in the air. So when the Wii came and become HUMONGOUS everyone started to do it and, why not? It will be a selling feature that is relatively cheap to implement.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Homer
View Post

Maybe if we give it an angry look it will BSOD on us.

lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraudbrand
View Post

This has a lot of practical office use and would be great for presentations. Engineering and medical apps would benefit a lot from natal as well.

I'm thinking this, but I would prefer that games do not rely on it.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skarm
View Post

I do. I mean eventually the tech may progress to the point where you can input data faster using gestures and voice than a keyboard, but we're nowhere near that point. Until the release tech that allows me to input data to my PC faster than a keyboard and mouse I'm not even considering it for most usage.
Now it would be useful for HT applications, like 'plan season 1 episode 5 of Entourage in Zoom player', etc.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Quote:
Last month at E3, everyone was talking about "Project Natal", the code name for Microsoft's controller-less camera technology for the Xbox 360 game console. When asked if the technology could come to the PC as well, Microsoft execs wouldn't commit saying only that they were just talking about the Xbox 360's uses during E3.

Well, no less than Microsoft founder Bill Gates has blown Project Natal's Xbox 360 exclusivity. News.com reports that Gates has confirmed that they are bringing the gesture-based technology to Windows as well. Gates is quoted as saying, "Both the Xbox guys and the Windows guys latched onto that and now even since they latched onto it the idea of how it can be used in the office is getting much more concrete, and is pretty exciting."

Office use, Bill? We are betting that when Project Natal tech does come to Windows we will see some PC game apps as well.
Source: http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/07/...to-the-pc-too/

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
If only Microsoft weren't complete hypocrites and actually released games for the PC.

Looking at you here Alan Wake.

·
Banned
936 Posts
Pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to it, time to replace my gf with a lovedoll and a woman in tv who doesn't complain and listens to everything I say.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebel
View Post

Pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to it, time to replace my gf with a lovedoll and a woman in tv who doesn't complain and listens to everything I say.

lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts