Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished building my first HTPC using a Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and Phenom II 720 with Vista Home Premium x64 and 4GB of DDR-800. The picture and sound are great for the most part (using onboard HDMI out to a Samsung LN46A550), but there is a definite stutter going on with both the picture and sound when playing BDs using Arcsoft TotalMedia. I noticed in the vista resource monitor that there is a disc spike occurring when these slight stutters happen. I have updated to catalyst 9.3 (from the initial install of 8.12) and that seems to have helped a bit, but the problem is still definitely there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well your system specs certainly suggest you should be capable of HD playback without issue. Do you have any 1080 files on your hard drive? We can try to determine if the issue is with the Blu-Ray drive for sure.

Also, do you have any programs (AnyDVD) that will strip HDCP? Again, just trying to winnow out factors that aren't causing this issue.

Some bad news: Searching for "LG GGC-H20L Stuttering" produces a fairly large number of results. But this also means that one of those web pages might have a simple resolution that's applicable to you.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Someone here with a very similar setup thought they found a solution.

Quote:
I am now on the settings:

Display Properties:
1920x1080 - 60hz

Image Scaling: Use Centered Timings
Enable GPU scaling on (which i think is negated by the fact i use centre timings)

Pixel Format: YCbCr:4:4:4 (no idea what this is for)

Batman seems ok, my TV thro mediaportal is ok.
Here's another suggestion:

Quote:
Try to use another Codec/programm! - after uninstalling ffdshow now i use MPC-HomeCinema with his built-in codec's!

give it a try!

Work's a lot better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After much tinkering and frustration, I tracked it down to a hardware acceleration setting within Arcsoft Total Media. Once I turned it off, works like a charm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts