Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.techpowerup.com/238392/be-quiet-dark-base-700-mid-tower-case-teased

Its a new mid tower case from be quiet

"Aside from the photos, the details are a little scarce, however, most popular radiator sized probably would fit. You can see a nice PSU cover and also a riser-extended graphics card with dual-slot seems to be possible. The Dark Base 700 will be available starting November, the 14th."

hopefully they also introduce the silent line model without the tempered glass side

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and reviews are up

gamers nexus:

bill owen:

BPS customs:

PSU shroud (finally?), RGB/Fan control, tempered glass, layout can be inverted (including switching tempered glass sides) just as with dark base pro 900, usb type c port

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
IDK why this case is $180 when you can get a similar Phanteks Pro M SE with same build quality and features for $115. Not trying to bash, but I feel be quiet! is a little late to the tempered higher-end mid-tower game.

It's a nice looking case, though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phanteks case you mention (from what I see) does not have fully modular/invertible layout like be quiet case

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
What's modular about it? The only major difference I see is that the mobo tray is removable on the Base 700.

The Pro M has removable 2.5, 3.5, and 5.5 drives, slide-out top radiator mount, removable PSU shroud, filters ect. Again, I'm not trying to bash. It could be that the Pro M has been out a bit longer and has had time for the price to settle at a lower price-point. I believe on release the Pro M was probably in the same price-range as the Base 700 is.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can switch left and right side of the case (even swapping the glass panel to the other side), inverting the motherboard just like on dark base pro 900

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Ah, I see... yeah, I guess that's worth $65
tongue.gif

·
Registered
75 Posts
By the looks of that I'm assuming I could fit my CM masterliquid pro 280 at the front without blocking any of the hard drive mounts. Obviously won't fit at the top without modding.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I am fully committed to reverse ATX, and this case is the one I am currently looking at getting within the next couple of months. My current case is a Coolermaster STC-01, and it also has an invertable mobo tray and I have had it installed that way for 8-9 years. And yes, I am more than overdue for an upgrade.

Is it more than I would like to spend? Sure. But with so few options out there for cases that give you this kind of flexibility, I am willing to pay the extra cost.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by taowulf View Post

I am fully committed to reverse ATX, and this case is the one I am currently looking at getting within the next couple of months. My current case is a Coolermaster STC-01, and it also has an invertable mobo tray and I have had it installed that way for 8-9 years. And yes, I am more than overdue for an upgrade.

Is it more than I would like to spend? Sure. But with so few options out there for cases that give you this kind of flexibility, I am willing to pay the extra cost.
I also need a case with inverted layout (due to my PC being on my left side) but I don't need the tempered glass side (I need my PC as silent and dark as possible since it is in my bedroom)
hopefully be quiet! will release a no window version of this case

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
Both be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 and new Dark Base 700 are really well designed. Reverse motherboard is much easier to keep airflow moving front to back without heated air from GPU mixing into CPU cooler's airflow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sub to the topic, i was looking too for an inverted case to put up the desk instead of below
biggrin.gif
Now i'm curious to know if the predator 360 or the new mlc can fit it
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19 Posts
I almost bought this case just for the Type-C and good looks but they gimped their airflow with that front panel design.

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsoar View Post

I almost bought this case just for the Type-C and good looks but they gimped their airflow with that front panel design.
Interesting. While I haven't had one to use yet, the full height vents on each side of front look to be quite a large airflow area, especially compared to how small the front vent area is on most cases.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Interesting. While I haven't had one to use yet, the full height vents on each side of front look to be quite a large airflow area, especially compared to how small the front vent area is on most cases.
From the reviews I have watched on youtube - looks like the fans are choked. Not enough space for them.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsoar View Post

From the reviews I have watched on youtube - looks like the fans are choked. Not enough space for them.
looks like it's still similar to the 900 series. their SW3 fans just not enough for their own case. i ended replacing the front intake w/ a massive pressure fan
redface.gif

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anyone know what kind of front radiator clearance we are looking at? I've got a 60mm+ 360 rad from EK and would love to find a case that could handle push pull with it.

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakae48 View Post

looks like it's still similar to the 900 series. their SW3 fans just not enough for their own case. i ended replacing the front intake w/ a massive pressure fan
redface.gif
Kind of true. The 1000rpm SW3 is enough fan, but the high speed are better .. at the cost of more noise.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts