Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing this is software only for the HP Envy? has anyone used it. Does it have significant sound quality? I am considering sound quality in the new laptop I decide to get soon.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Its horrible. It just adds a ton of bass to the music, to the point where even the beats headfones on display with the laptop distort, or any other head phones for that matter

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess if I go with HP Envy laptop I am not paying extra for the beats audio edition. I posted this in the laptop section but being this is in the audio section can you recommend any high quality sound laptops? Not the speakers, but with like a build in sound card, or option so so when i use my headphones it sounds nice.

Edit: Also so the beats audio is for hp only right?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey. First time I have seen you out side of the OT discussion. Well, besides the laptop is this software only available when you get it with the ho envy? I might just want try it.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
I would just get a decent laptop and then get a portable X-fi card, I know a couple of people who enjoy those cards.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3FiN3 SiN View Post
I would just get a decent laptop and then get a portable X-fi card, I know a couple of people who enjoy those cards.
Or a dac

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you suggest any laptops, and or portable X-FI card? If I don't have to worry about sound quality by gettoing one of these that sure opens up my selection on laptops.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I doubt the onboard sound on most laptops would differ in sound quality much anyways, but who knows. I would get an x-fi card if your gaming and a dac if your doing anything else.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
I doubt the onboard sound on most laptops would differ in sound quality much anyways, but who knows. I would get an x-fi card if your gaming and a dac if your doing anything else.
The only reason I wouldn't get a DAC is because it is kind of big.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is a dac? My main use of using it on laptop would be music and movies. On my comp I have flac collections, movies, and gaming.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistons50 View Post
What is a dac? My main use of using it on laptop would be music and movies. On my comp I have flac collections, movies, and gaming.
DAC stands for Digital to Analog Converter. In short, it converts the digital audio file into a hearable (is that a word) analog format, so you can listen on your headphones or speakers. External DACs are desirable because there is little loss in quality going from digital to analog, whereas the DACs on something like a soundcard fair a little worse. The best DACs are external and large, but most people wouldn't be able to notice much of a difference between different quality DACs

1 - 20 of 48 Posts