1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhjuh View Post

and please keep the flame war managable
devil.gif
There won't be much of one; just a whole lot of agreeing that beats are crap, mixed with copious amounts of sarcasm.
Bottom line, no don't get the Beats.

My suggestion would be to post up your budget and ask for other recommendations be by ways of comparison to the Sennheisers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_van View Post

Quote:

and please keep the flame war managable
devil.gif
There won't be much of one; just a whole lot of agreeing that beats are crap, mixed with copious amounts of sarcasm.
Bottom line, no don't get the Beats.

My suggestion would be to post up your budget and ask for other recommendations be by ways of comparison to the Sennheisers.
already own my headphones(hd419) this is to settle a small dispute
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
I never thought I would say this, but the Beats are better if you don't take into account the price, for the price they are absolutely terrible. As far as value goes the HD 419s are way way better, we are comparing $300 headphones to $35 headphones
tongue.gif

·
Banned
916 Posts
the 50 dollar beats knockoffs are identical to the real ones in terms of sound quality.

50$ dollar beat replicas no contest for bass sound quality and price.

Both headphones are for bassheads and the beat replicas win

Significantly lower lows and higher highs and a much better sound signature for the replicas vs some 30 dollar sennheiser entry level headphone.

Sorry bruh, your little 30 dollar sennheisers do not stand up against even the chinese knockoffs.

And noone "claims" anything, beats have more bass thats a fact not an opinion, that image shows the beats sound signature...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipze View Post

the 50 dollar beats knockoffs are identical to the real ones in terms of sound quality.

50$ dollar beat replicas no contest for bass sound quality and price.

Both headphones are for bassheads and the beat replicas win

Significantly lower lows and higher highs and a much better sound signature for the replicas vs some 30 dollar sennheiser entry level headphone.

Sorry bruh, your little 30 dollar sennheisers do not stand up against even the chinese knockoffs.

And noone "claims" anything, beats have more bass thats a fact not an opinion, that image shows the beats sound signature...
and i doubt they will blow them out of the water considering the amount of reviews saying the hd 419s are right on par with actual beats...
way to just suck the fun out of a discussion/friendly argument...
and besides it hard to keep consistency among knock offs many are of again on a gain with whatever components are available...
not to mention warranty and replacement parts for my hd 419s...
if i really wanted a pair that trashed beats i woudl just bring up the fact that for the same 300 you woudl spend on beats...you could buy a pair of senns or audio tecnika or sony 's that were in a whole different class..

and your chart is for real beats not knock offs...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM95 View Post

I never thought I would say this, but the Beats are better if you don't take into account the price, for the price they are absolutely terrible. As far as value goes the HD 419s are way way better, we are comparing $300 headphones to $35 headphones
tongue.gif
yes VALUE is the idea here..
we are looking for over whats better based off of these cats:
-build quality
-warranty
-performance
-style
-and of course price

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Quote:

-build quality
-warranty
-performance
-style
-and of course price
Beats have a pretty shoddy build quality, not awful but below okay. I'd say they're probably on behind in that respect.
Monster offer a 1 year warranty on the Beats and I think Sennheiser offers a standard of 2 years.
I'm sure the Beats are technically better sound quality wise however for me they are way to bass heavy, it's down to preference and I prefer the more balanced sound of the 419s.
Style, Beats are vulgar, nuff said.
Beats are a rip off, the Sennheisers are good value.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM95 View Post

Quote:

-build quality
-warranty
-performance
-style
-and of course price
Beats have a pretty shoddy build quality, not awful but below okay. I'd say they're probably on behind in that respect.
Monster offer a 1 year warranty on the Beats and I think Sennheiser offers a standard of 2 years.
I'm sure the Beats are technically better sound quality wise however for me they are way to bass heavy, it's down to preference and I prefer the more balanced sound of the 419s.
Style, Beats are vulgar, nuff said.
Beats are a rip off, the Sennheisers are good value.
and the knock off beats?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipze View Post

time for a lil clarity in regards to the beats knock offs.. i went to golden ears and pulled these charts and included my (not surprising findings) in regards to knock off beats being (and i quote)"identical to the real ones in terms of sound quality."

edit: source
http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Headphones/11063

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard some HD 202 and the £349 studio beats and I must say that actually the studios did not exactly have boomy bass in my honest opinion. The HD 202 were probably better at bass lol. The Lower down beats model sounded puffy and crap
biggrin.gif
and I don't know whats so special about the design. And the studios are heavy ó__ó

Semi-audiophile**

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looong time Head-Fi member here. First of all, charts of frequency won't always give you accurate comparison results. Secondly, the knock off Beats will be worse than regular Beats. The 419 might beat the Beats but ergonomically it is not that good of a headphone. Ergonomicaly though. In that range, the Koss dj 100 will knock your socks off and will kill the Beats, its very ergonomic, has a good cable, its very sturdy and a widely renowned choice. The 419's aren't that up to the Sennheiser name. These are just my two cents.

No matter what, stay away from the Beats.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanhasbanana View Post

Looong time Head-Fi member here. First of all, charts of frequency won't always give you accurate comparison results. Secondly, the knock off Beats will be worse than regular Beats. The 419 might beat the Beats but ergonomically it is not that good of a headphone. Ergonomicaly though. In that range, the Koss dj 100 will knock your socks off and will kill the Beats, its very ergonomic, has a good cable, its very sturdy and a widely renowned choice. The 419's aren't that up to the Sennheiser name. These are just my two cents.

No matter what, stay away from the Beats.
thanks for your non "zomg" response .nice to see a lil experience coming into this thread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.