Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little fun over the weekend seeing which AIB offered the strongest Vega 64 card. I wanted to show "real time" benches and had quite a few graphs, so I put everything in a youtube video. Enjoy!

·
RadeonMOD Author
741 Posts
Please add Vega64 XTX LC (i will have one in Friday :) )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good job!
Just need some clarifications, which nitro did you use, ordinary or limited edition? Because apparently ordinary (the later version) doesn't have vapor chamber goodies...
It's surprising that powercolor is soooo close to sapphire, and asus is so bad! But my old predictions weren't so far from your new lab research ;)
I'm waiting for my sapphire's 64 liquid cooled, and then i shall see what two nf-a12x25s will do, and then completely ditch the water cooling and will craft morpheus + alphacool nexXxos gpx abbomination :)

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nitro looks very good
It is a very strong card. Sapphire's way of handling Vega's GPU boost looks superior.

Please add Vega64 XTX LC (i will have one in Friday :) )
Grats on picking up one of the LC cards! They are hard to come by!

Also add undervolt results. I am eyeing the STRIX and would like to know what happens when you bring the voltage down to 1V~ under load.
Undervolting is the only way I could get the Strix to hold core overclocks. Making core clock speed adjustments on stock voltage would result in the core speed decreasing. With a 100mv undervolt, the card would maintain a boost clock between 1550-1590mhz. No other card requires undervolting, so I did not undervolt the Strix during these benches to keep testing consistent across all four cards.

Good job!
Just need some clarifications, which nitro did you use, ordinary or limited edition? Because apparently ordinary (the later version) doesn't have vapor chamber goodies...
It's surprising that powercolor is soooo close to sapphire, and asus is so bad! But my old predictions weren't so far from your new lab research ;)
I'm waiting for my sapphire's 64 liquid cooled, and then i shall see what two nf-a12x25s will do, and then completely ditch the water cooling and will craft morpheus + alphacool nexXxos gpx abbomination :)
The Nitro used in the video is the "SR" which is the non LE model. I haven't been able to find the LE model anywhere in several months. The SR model also has 2 x 8 pin connectors vs the LE's 3 as well as no RGB lighting around the two outside fans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is a very strong card. Sapphire's way of handling Vega's GPU boost looks superior.
thanks to better cooling, apparently even without LE's vapor chamber cooler.
Grats on picking up one of the LC cards! They are hard to come by!
yep, they are. It took nearly 2 months untill I accidently spotted one for sale on amazon, just before leaving for work, I was like: wait, what?! hit refresh button on the web browser and there, it's real, i wasn't blind in that morning after all, INSTA ORDER :)
The Nitro used in the video is the "SR" which is the non LE model. I haven't been able to find the LE model anywhere in several months. The SR model also has 2 x 8 pin connectors vs the LE's 3 as well as no RGB lighting around the two outside fans.
RGB is for noobs, nitro+ LE has the best air cooler (until my planned morpheus + nexxxos gpx combo). We probably woun't see nitro+ LE for sale anymore. It was the first sapphire's vega 64 custom air cooled design, few months later they released nitro+ without LE, without vapor chamber tech, without 3rd power slot and with weaker clocks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is Vega 64 Nitro on sale on Newegg Canada and it is tempting to buy it ;S. After conversion its around 560 USD and I have been waiting so long to upgrade. Ima have to bite and hope Sapphire doesn't fail me now :p. Really wished they would let people replace the TIM, but with the Right to Repair being forced through I think I am fine.

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is Vega 64 Nitro on sale on Newegg Canada and it is tempting to buy it ;S. After conversion its around 560 USD and I have been waiting so long to upgrade. Ima have to bite and hope Sapphire doesn't fail me now :p. Really wished they would let people replace the TIM, but with the Right to Repair being forced through I think I am fine.
Newegg US just put up more Nitro SR stock for $569.99 this afternoon.

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to better cooling, apparently even without LE's vapor chamber cooler.
They do have an awesome cooler, even without the Vapor chamber on this model. However even when temps were similar between cards, the Nitro was constantly boosting further and more importantly, maintaining a higher boost clock throughout the run. The Devil also did a good job, just not with as high "out of the box" boost frequencies.

·
RadeonMOD Author
741 Posts
^^THX that was Insta buy also :)

Here some new tests :D
Adrenalin 18.6.1

Here, more Games Tested with V64 XTX

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently got the Asus strix. Clocks are certainly about in line with what your bench shows. I'm seeing them dip under 1400, 1300 after extended load periods despite ok temps. Are your in game recordings started right after you start the games? Any idea why the clocks are so different on the Asus card vs the others. I have yet to see 1600mhz core even when temps are under 70c. Also is there any way to check what P state the card is in so I can be sure I am not stuck on a lower P state?

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Recently got the Asus strix. Clocks are certainly about in line with what your bench shows. I'm seeing them dip under 1400, 1300 after extended load periods despite ok temps. Are your in game recordings started right after you start the games? Any idea why the clocks are so different on the Asus card vs the others. I have yet to see 1600mhz core even when temps are under 70c. Also is there any way to check what P state the card is in so I can be sure I am not stuck on a lower P state?
With the exception of built in benchmarks, I started the recording after I let the card warm up for a few minutes.

Asus was one of, if not the first, AIB partner to show off a custom Vega GPU. A few reviewers got a sample, but after the card performed poorly, Asus said the performance was due to the BIOS on the card and that it needed to be revised. The card disappeared for several months before showing up on retail sites. It doesn't seem like the BIOS issues were resolved at all, as my Strix performs pretty bad compared to other models. If you can stand the noise of the reference card, it actually outperforms the Strix pretty consistently. This could be due to a P state issue but I am unsure. I say that because any time you alter P7 in Wattman, the card actually downclocks. The only way to lock in a frequency range is by undervolting and even then, the card's core clock bounces around a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts