Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

ProlimaTech, the company behind the award-winning and record-setting Megahalems heatsink, has released a successor to the overclocking throne: the ProlimaTech Super-Mega heatsink cooler for Intel CPUs.

Quote:

The ProlimaTech Super-Mega uses a very dense array of aluminum and copper fins which are split down the middle to form two separate heatsink halves. The Super-Mega heatsink is comprised of six heat-pipe rods, which span to each side and offer twelve total cooling ends. The nickel-plated copper base secures firmly to the CPU with a new and improved proprietary mounting clip system. This mounting system, which I am pleased to report is the most effective clip mechanism I've ever used, and improves the already impressive design offered on the Megahalems and Armageddon, offers up to 70 pounds of contact pressure while completely removing the chance of processor movement or sliding.

Quote:

Can't wait to see some reviews on this bad boy.

Link can be found here

and here.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
DO
WANT.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkypoo7
View Post

"up to 70 lbs of contact pressure"

No thank you, call me paranoid, but after seeing what the VenX did at that rating... My TRUE Black with push|pull shall remain.

Don't screw the heatsink down all the way and you will be fine with the Mega/Ven-X.

Regular Megahalems:
  • Heatsink Dimension: (L)130mm X (W)74mmX (H)158.7mm
  • Heatsink Weight: 790 grams
  • Heatpipe Ø: 6mm X 6pcs
  • Compatible with 120mm fans
Super Mega:
  • Heatsink Weight: 945.3 grams
  • Heatpipe Ø: 6mm X 6pc
  • Compatible with 120mm/140mm fans
So this is just heavier from the copper and is compatible with 140mm fans. 140mm fans should work on the regular Mega though.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou View Post
Don't screw the heatsink down all the way and you will be fine with the Mega/Ven-X.

Regular Megahalems:
  • Heatsink Weight: 790 grams
  • Heatpipe Ø: 6mm X 6pcs
  • Compatible with 120mm fans
Super Mega:
  • Heatsink Weight: 945.3 grams
  • Heatpipe Ø: 6mm X 6pc
  • Compatible with 120mm/140mm fans
So this is just heavier from the copper and is compatible with 140mm fans. 140mm fans should work on the regular Mega though.
They do. You just have to use zip ties. Which I use anyway because the bracket design is horrible. You can't put a 120x38 + a shroud even with the modified bracket they sell. Horrible design. On the mugen-2 the bracket made for thicker fans is not dependent on the 38mm thickness. You can put whatever thickness you want.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
I wonder how much better this would be then my Mugen-2 :-/ Probably not worth the money for a slight temp reduction if any.

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
View Post

Link is working well on my side. 0_o

Weird if I google it it comes up. But if I click it I get a 404 error. Meh

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
View Post

Can't wait to see some reviews on this bad boy.

Link can be found here.

Quote:

Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts