Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly three and half years of benign neglect, I decided to drain and replace the water in my rig. Over the years a thin black layer spread through some of the tubing. It didn't seem to be causing any problems, but I decided to clean out the three affected tubes anyway. The tubes seem to be mostly OK after cleaning, but do have some yellowing. Any idea what the substance was? Liquid was distilled water with PT-Nuke.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
copper oxide probably

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRollie View Post

copper oxide probably
That would make sense, gotta wonder if it will cause problems in the long run. Certainly nothing but cosmetic issues so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguardian View Post

I'm at 2 years and 6 months, I should really make the time....
Heh heh, I thought about draining the system for the last two and a half years, finally got around to it because I ran out of excuses not to. There weren't any performance issues, so I probably could have gone another 3 1/2 years and waited until the entire loop went black.
Quote:
I notice you are using the Heatkiller, I have 3, how are they after this time?
Had zero problems with it. GPU stays cool as a cucumber, and I still like the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsil View Post

Heh heh, I thought about draining the system for the last two and a half years, finally got around to it because I ran out of excuses not to. There weren't any performance issues, so I probably could have gone another 3 1/2 years and waited until the entire loop went black.
Had zero problems with it. GPU stays cool as a cucumber, and I still like the way it looks.
I agree on the HK, I love the look, and they perform great.

I was just curious if there was much build-up in the blocks once you saw the inside?

I am also using distilled, but with Mayhems Biocide Extreme.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daguardian View Post

I agree on the HK, I love the look, and they perform great.

I was just curious if there was much build-up in the blocks once you saw the inside?

I am also using distilled, but with Mayhems Biocide Extreme.
I didn't open it up to check. The layer in the tubing was pretty thin, and there were no temp problems, so I didn't see a need to open it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts