Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everybody,

I've been visiting here for a while to get tips on watercooling and all kinds of monitors. At the moment I've come to a point though, where I can't find any help via the search engine anymore.

Last week I picked up a used monitor (luckily for free) with the description - digital port shuts down after two seconds. Looking at the dvi cable, that did not astonish me and I figured I'd give it a try at home with another cable.
Came home, pluggerd in other cable - worked for about two seconds as well, then turned off. And started smoking. Long story short, symptoms of the monitor overall are:
turns off after a moment no matter if it is plugged in or not (capacitors? Those do looke fine though) and if I'm using the dvi input there seems to be a short and smoke's coming off the monitor's back. Pictures below.

As you can see, I already cleared off the burnt plastic and the old plugs installed there. Replaced them with some Dupont connectors (they actually fit quite well) and hoped that the old plugs were the problem. Not the case. I'm not big with circuit boards; anyone got an idea what the exact issue is and whether this one's fixable at all?
Below a view overview pictures.

Currently I'm still trying to decide whether repairing the monitor's worth all the trouble or if getting a new board might be the best option. Any input on the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Exxi

1 - 1 of 1 Posts