1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mmm... 500:1 contrast ratio probably like that recent 240hz Asus. So hot right now.

I can't wait for the 420hz 2:1 contrast ratio monitors.
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

Mmm... 500:1 contrast ratio probably like that recent 240hz Asus. So hot right now.

I can't wait for the 420hz 2:1 contrast ratio monitors.
rolleyessmileyanim.gif
Ha! You know i've gotten used to my monitors measly 750:1 ratio, you start to forget what you're missing, but at the same time when you walk by the TVs in Bestbuy and see the OLED you're quickly reminded just how awful the image the TN is feeding your eyes. At least theres 144hz.....
rolleyes.gif

·
Mouse lover
2,896 Posts
240hz? That is not reachable fps in many games

I only get that in overwatch, quake, and csgo
I just want benq to work on blur reduction and colors.. my xl2520T colors are so bad I have trouble focusing ingame cause everything just blends into each other

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm assuming this is gonna be gsync like the other 240hz monitors coming out early next year? Really curious about these things - supposedly native 240hz, so perhaps the contrast/brightness won't be blown out like it is when using the overclocked 180hz modes on current panels.

·
Mouse lover
2,896 Posts
If I'm understanding this correctly - so I'd never use something like freesync/g-sync in a competitive game because I can get framerates way higher than the cap - which results in overall less input lag and the image is already clear the more frames you get (say at 500 frames you wouldn't even notice tearing)

But freesync gives the v-sync type of smooth image with a moving framerate but it's capped to the refresh rate or below - so in theory if these monitors can do say g-sync/freesync at 240 frames per second - eventually if they get to say 280hz (280 fps) with this feature that means even competitive gamers could use it for the smooth image and not have to worry about losing input response to a lower framerate

If what I'm thinking is correct then that is going to be amazing in the future. Because now say on your 120 or 144hz panel you have a game at 300 fps - then cap it to 150 fps - there is a huge increase in input delay and probably more tearing (as you get closer to your refresh rate) - so g-sync would basically give you that cap but without the tear however you lose the faster input response.. so yeah freesync/g-sync might be a thing in the future for competitive gaming if they are able to be done at much higher framerates.

Although 240hz in general is great for the three fps games CS/quake/overwatch lol - every where else it's just going to give you screen tear because getting 240 frames in like GTA 5 or something is no easy feat unless you have a beast of a gpu with all low settings

·
Registered
647 Posts
Pretty sure gsync doesn't introduce input lag when used correctly. Look at the CS:GO tests here: http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/ These tests were done around when gsync first came out and you couldn't disable vsync when using it - which is why there's massive input lag with their 300 and 143 fps cap gsync results (because gsync was no longer fully active at those framerates and vsync took over due to it hitting/exceeding the max refresh). The 120 fps cap gsync result shows nearly the same amount of input lag as 300 fps vsync-off. Today, you would get that same result with gsync at a 140 or so fps cap with vsync disabled.

I see no reason to not use gsync for competitive shooters unless you wanted to use ULMB instead. It should provide the same input lag as vsync off if you're using it correctly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I just want benq to work on blur reduction and colors.. my xl2520T colors are so bad I have trouble focusing ingame cause everything just blends into each other
There is niche for that kind of monitors (240Hz) for hardcore overwatch, quake, and csgo. Also there is no XL2520T
smile.gif
only XL2420T. I recommend you to look at new Samsung C24FG70FQ 144Hz VA with decent colors and 144Hz and only $400.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

This monitor and the ASUS 240 Hz are designed for games like that. Easy to run competitive shooters where graphics don't matter.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That is a pretty hefty pricetag for a TN panel and 24-25 inch but then again their competitors like Asus sell theirs for around the same price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusaki View Post

That is a pretty hefty pricetag for a TN panel and 24-25 inch but then again their competitors like Asus sell theirs for around the same price.
Imho that's pretty OK price for that niche.
Look at Asus PG248Q (24" TN 144Hz overclocked to 180Hz with G-Sync). It's 500 usd/eur.
https://www.amazon.de/Asus-PG248Q-Monitor-Reaktionszeit-DisplayPort/dp/B01I3KMEAC
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-SWIFT-PG248Q-GSync-Monitor/dp/B01M4NEZL9

Look at prices of Asus PG348Q
smile.gif

I expect Asus PG258Q (240Hz with G-Sync) 600-750 usd/eur MSRP.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The price on this makes me very worried about the gsync versions. Was looking forward to them, but I'd find it very difficult to justify the, I'm assuming, 700-800 usd price tag for a 1080p TN. The extra 100hz would have to be a mind-blowing difference for me to even consider it, and I have a feeling it won't be due to diminishing returns.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickz View Post

The price on this makes me very worried about the gsync versions. Was looking forward to them, but I'd find it very difficult to justify the, I'm assuming, 700-800 usd price tag for a 1080p TN. The extra 100hz would have to be a mind-blowing difference for me to even consider it, and I have a feeling it won't be due to diminishing returns.
BenQ doesn't do G-Sync anymore for that reason. Their prices are so outrageously high already, g-sync would just make the price laughable. I think the last one they did was the 2420G. And that was $500 for 144hz 1080p TN.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene-z View Post

I think the last one they did was the 2420G. And that was $500 for 144hz 1080p TN.
And the only one
biggrin.gif

I really hope that Nvidia will drop this G-Sync bull**** because the prices are insane. Adapt to Freesync or make G-Sync cheaper, 200€ more just for that is too much.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4m3 View Post

And the only one
biggrin.gif

I really hope that Nvidia will drop this G-Sync bull**** because the prices are insane. Adapt to Freesync or make G-Sync cheaper, 200€ more just for that is too much.
Don't worry, G-SYNC is living on borrowed time. Eventually they will have to support FreeSync or make their own AdaptiveSync standard.

Hardware implemented variable refresh rate is superior to VESA AdaptiveSync though. I want an open standard version.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts