Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a LGA775 Socket Mobo
and i dnt wanna pay 60 bucks for repair(you all guys know who im talking about for those who have had problems with the company about bent pins)

BUT!

the pins dont look severe and i tried my best to POSSIBLY put them back together

all im saying is
is it alright if i put a processor on it(Becuz the pin isnt touching other ones so no shorting the processor...right?thats what i heard)

Pics are here on the bottom

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Some say to use a mechanical pencil to straighten them out by putting the pin in the tip and gently straightening... I've never tried this but I've heard it works

~B~

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are the same EXCEPT if you cant see it from the top pictures,i edited them with circles that have colors(a colored circle means its that one)You might need to zoom in close on it

EDIT:blankthis,i heard that as well but its only for processors that have pins on them(AMD,old school 478 etc)but i NEVER heard of it working on the mobo pins :/

·
PC Gamer
1,776 Posts
well keep trying to fix them, it wont work unless they are correct, you could distroy your CPU as well so don't try it until its fixed

otherwise if you can't fix them you will have to buy a new motherboard or RMA it, if they let you
don't risk the CPU with broken pins, you could destroy allot more then just the motherboard

·
PC Gamer
1,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post
(sigh)but damn it 60bucks just for one pin?and what if it defects again and kills my cpu?might as well go with another mobo if i do send it though,i swear i will tell them to test it with cpus over 5 times(Quad cores)
i can understand how annoying that is, but think about it, do you really want to risk damaging all your other computer parts as well?

so yes you will have to get a new motherboard

because if you put ur CPU in, and it short circuits
then everything is gone so play it safe and buy a new motherboard

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Find some dirt cheap cpu you could try in there. Celeron? Maybe get a used one for $10-20, who knows. But really, if it was me, I would just make absolute sure the pins look like they will contact the correct "pads" on the cpu. Once I was confident they will, I would place the cpu in and out of the socket a few times to make sure the pressure of the cpu doesn't move any of the pins around again. If the pins stayed in location, I'd do the final install, and finally give it power.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post
Find some dirt cheap cpu you could try in there. Celeron? Maybe get a used one for $10-20, who knows. But really, if it was me, I would just make absolute sure the pins look like they will contact the correct "pads" on the cpu. Once I was confident they will, I would place the cpu in and out of the socket a few times to make sure the pressure of the cpu doesn't move any of the pins around again. If the pins stayed in location, I'd do the final install, and finally give it power.
yeah i was thinking of doing that thanks

·
PC Gamer
1,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson
View Post

its not only the CPU it would destroy, if it wasn't properly put back it could short circuit the entire motherboard, and thus taking out everything connected to it, maybe even the power supply

that's why i said just get a new motherboard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts