Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FALSE ALARM. TURNS OUT THAT, I THINK IT IS OK. I DID NOT REALIZE THAT IT TOOK A BUNCH OF FORCE, AND I THOUGHT I WAS BREAKING IT. I CHECKED THE SOCKET OUT IT MIGHT HAVE JUST BEEN THE LIGHTING IN THE ROOM FOR THE APPEARED "BENT" PINS. THANKS EVERYONE FOR REPLY'S

or am i wrong and did i break it? lol i kept checking if the pins were moving when forcing it down, but it looked the same the entire way, i kept going little by little til i said screw this and clipped it in.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wait until you're completely calm. Bent pins in an Intel board is VERY dangerous so again, I recommend waiting until your hands stop shaking and then when you are calm enough, use a mechanical pencil or tweezers to bend the pins back into place.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't know the best tool for unbending, but i would suggest just waiting to do it, maybe even overnight, to you aren't nervous when you do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BNT
View Post

Wait until you're completely calm. Bent pins in an Intel board is VERY dangerous so again, I recommend waiting until your hands stop shaking and then when you are calm enough, use a mechanical pencil or tweezers to bend the pins back into place.

Yet, you don't know which pins. Mind us if we can have a picture?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by trypwned
View Post

Yet, you don't know which pins. Mind us if we can have a picture?

i would love to, i cant seem to find any good camera in my house . only a crappy phone camera

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin
View Post

pins on a 1366? emh ok ... isn't 1366 pins less and just 1366 contacts of gold ?

I thought only AMD used pins anymore .

LGA 775, 1156 and 1366 have contact points on the CPU and pins on the board's socket.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Use a needle and fix it. I've done it before....

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
pins on a 1366? emh ok ... isn't 1366 pins less and just 1366 contacts of gold ?

I thought only AMD used pins anymore .
The processors are pinless. The 1366 socket on the motherboard is the one with the pins.
:< -has been ninajed-

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsAnAtheist View Post
The processors are pinless. The 1366 socket on the motherboard is the one with the pins.
:< -has been ninajed-

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BNT View Post

__________________________________________________ _________________

GRRRRR

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsAnAtheist View Post

GRRRRR

Truce?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Yep, I concur. Had the bent pins on my P5Q pro and just used a needle which fixed the problem. Everything is all g00d.

·
Iconoclast
30,646 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
I prefer wooden toothpicks; they catch on the pins better and make manipulation a bit easier.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
When your unbending them with one hand hold that hand with your other hand. This way it will shake less. Or place the hand your unbending it with on the side of the case so it shakes less....I do this all the time when handling expensive equipment. If you unbend them and the rig doesn't start call Intel and blame it on them that they sent a faulty unit.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geglamash View Post
Metal tipped .05 mechanical pencil and a steady hand will do the job!

2nd this, salvaged an ASUS P5QL/EPU 775 board with this technique, counted 26 severely bent pins too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts