Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
IMO, asus has been raved upon by leaps and bounds and if your going for looks also, than the gigabyte z68x-ud7 b3.
Personally, i'm gonna hold out a little longer for the AsRock extream 4 gen3.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
32,941 Posts
The $350 boards are a complete WASTE of money. The WS revolution has the same features, and is $100 cheaper.

Honestly it fully depends on your budget. I'd go Biostar TP67XE, Gigabyte P67 UD4, Asus P8P67 Pro, Asus Sabertooth (only for looks), then the WS Revolution (in order from cheapest to most expensive, but all are solid quality boards).

All of the above will easily achieve high clocks. It just depends on brand loyalty, price range, and if you plan to ever use more than 2 way crossfire / SLI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

The $350 boards are a complete WASTE of money. The WS revolution has the same features, and is $100 cheaper.

Honestly it fully depends on your budget. I'd go Biostar TP67XE, Gigabyte P67 UD4, Asus P8P67 Pro, Asus Sabertooth (only for looks), then the WS Revolution (in order from cheapest to most expensive, but all are solid quality boards).

All of the above will easily achieve high clocks. It just depends on brand loyalty, price range, and if you plan to ever use more than 2 way crossfire / SLI.

Pretty much this^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
P8P67 Deluxe user here, unless you plan on using more than 2 gpu's, I think the Deluxe is a perfect board. This board is rock solid, has great features and looks great. Also, the price is a whole heck of a lot more bearable than some of the other 350+ boards.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

The $350 boards are a complete WASTE of money. The WS revolution has the same features, and is $100 cheaper.

Honestly it fully depends on your budget. I'd go Biostar TP67XE, Gigabyte P67 UD4, Asus P8P67 Pro, Asus Sabertooth (only for looks), then the WS Revolution (in order from cheapest to most expensive, but all are solid quality boards).

All of the above will easily achieve high clocks. It just depends on brand loyalty, price range, and if you plan to ever use more than 2 way crossfire / SLI.

I'd suggest that the revo is even better due to its slot spacing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tsm106
View Post

I'd suggest that the revo is even better due to its slot spacing.

I was just going to post this in this thread as well, since I already preached about it somewhere else.

The ability to have TWO full slots between cards is absolutely epic for high heat/ high OC'd cards.

If I were to pick up a P67 board it would be the WS Revo in a heartbeat.

Most of what you're paying for on the Maximus and UD7 is the name and brand recognition.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOH a new RoG board! Must has!"

"Meh look at that WS Revo, it's not RoG, not red 'n' black, psssh."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by blackbalt89
View Post

I was just going to post this in this thread as well, since I already preached about it somewhere else.

The ability to have TWO full slots between cards is absolutely epic for high heat/ high OC'd cards.

If I were to pick up a P67 board it would be the WS Revo in a heartbeat.

Most of what you're paying for on the Maximus and UD7 is the name and brand recognition.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOH a new RoG board! Must has!"

"Meh look at that WS Revo, it's not RoG, not red 'n' black, psssh."

I used to have 1 revo and 1 m4e... and I just decided the m4e is a total waste. I don't use any of the features, none. I want the right slot spacing, the nf200 chips and that's it. The m4e just tacks on so much crap, bluetooh... pssh vs 4 real slots. Overclock via ipod, gimmie a break. I have two ws revos now, after returning the m4e. And I got the m4e at a steal too, but strangely I'm not all that twisted up about it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by stuiees
View Post

I love my UD7... Reset button, clear CMOS button, nf200, 10 step LLC, 4x sata 3, dual nic, the list goes on an on... if you say its a waste of money, you just dont use the additional features.

The ws revo has everything the ud7 and m4e have that matters, 4 sata nf200 etc etc. However, you can't run quadfire amd dual slot cards can you? Revo can for 100 less.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,198 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tsm106
View Post

The ws revo has everything the ud7 and m4e have that matters, 4 sata nf200 etc etc. However, you can't run quadfire amd dual slot cards can you? Revo can for 100 less.

What matters depends on the person's needs. None of those features matter to me and yet you has one list the benefits of the m4e compared to the rest of the Asus line up. It's due the my interests and what I'll be using the board for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tsm106
View Post

The ws revo has everything the ud7 and m4e have that matters, 4 sata nf200 etc etc. However, you can't run quadfire amd dual slot cards can you? Revo can for 100 less.

does it have power / reset or clear cmos on the board?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top