Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Well the intel drives are 80GB and 160GB. I'd honestly recommend getting one of those before this one, although the 160GB is about $150 more.

If you *must* have 120GB, than thats the one I would recommend... but the intel drives are much better.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

Well the intel drives are 80GB and 160GB. I'd honestly recommend getting one of those before this one, although the 160GB is about $150 more.

If you *must* have 120GB, than thats the one I would recommend... but the intel drives are much better.

Ye well i need at least 100 GB for the main OS and all games,programs and all the stuff i download,it will be enough untuil i bue the caviar blue of 1TB

the proglem is that intel jumps from 80GB SSD to 160 GB SSD

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
The OCZ drives are good - considering they do the capacity you want you're best off going for one rather than spending more for the 160GB intel. Corsair, Crucial and Samsung are all worth a look too.

• Rep+
Reactions: Eduardv

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
He's not lying, the Intel G2 SSDs are quite a bit faster than anything else on the market. Since you're planning on spending a lot on an SSD anyway, it would be a shame not to get one.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
i also checked this Corsair Reactor Series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233109

Sequential Access - Read: up to 250MB/s
Sequential Access - Write: up to 170MB/s
Sequential Access should be the least of your worries with an OS drive. You want IOPs. Nothing but IOPs.

The Intel G2 is the best, followed by the OCZ Vertex Turbo, followed by the OCZ Vertex.

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardv
View Post

i also checked this Corsair Reactor Series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233109

Sequential Access - Read: up to 250MB/s
Sequential Access - Write: up to 170MB/s

Just got a 60GB Reactor and its quick, but I'd bet an Intel 80/160GB would be faster as an OS drive still.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMelvin
View Post

can you put two of these intel 80Gb in a raid 0 and is it worth it??

Yes you can, and it's only worth it for certain apps. As an OS drive, it's definitely not worth it though.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyak View Post
Sequential Access should be the least of your worries with an OS drive. You want IOPs. Nothing but IOPs.

The Intel G2 is the best, followed by the OCZ Vertex Turbo, followed by the OCZ Vertex.

Agility can beat Vertex now.

Vertex always use Samsung NAND. Agility use the cheapest avaliable NAND. Samsung hasn't improved their NAND in 8+ months. Agility are now using faster/cheaper Micron and Toshiba NAND (varies by batch).

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Agility can beat Vertex now.

Vertex always use Samsung NAND. Agility use the cheapest avaliable NAND. Samsung hasn't improved their NAND in 8+ months. Agility are now using faster/cheaper Micron and Toshiba NAND (varies by batch).

Wish I knew this earlier, I just got a Vertex for my laptop and already sent in the rebate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.