Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what 140mm fans are the best to put on a radiator for a pull only config. I have a Swiftech H240x water cooler with 2 Helix 140 mm fans 1750 rpm and wonder if there is anything better to put on this water cooler.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 Noctua NF-A14 pwm 1450 rpm.I wonder if they would work better than the Helix 1750 rpm ones in pull. I have not also tried flipping the Helix ones around on the rad to intake instead of exhaust and change the side door fans around from intake to exhaust. The side door fans were on intake before when my graphics card was stock air cooled but I have it now being cooled with a swiftech water block on it so the side door as intake is not needed as much.Right now the fan config in my Cosmos 2 case is, two front as intake,2 side door fans as intake, and top fans on rad as exhaust, and rear fan on the case as exhaust.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try the Noctuas and compare them with the Helix. What about changing the Helix fans from exhaust on the rad to intake,and put the 2 side door fans from intake to exhaust.The side door fans were helpful in helping to cool the graphics card but now I have the graphics card with a swiftech water block on it so the side door fans as intake are not needed as much.The swiftech H240x came with the fans mounted as intake when I got it so they probably recommend to run it as intake just like Corsair does.

·
Sgt. Wolf S. Bora
4,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post

What about the Noiseblocker 140mm black silent pro http://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans/nb-blacksilent-pro-series/140x140x25mm.php

Singularity Computers uses these all the time.

Corsair now also has high static pressure 140mm fans with their LED series.

I am looking for a good radiator fan myself and I do not want to use Noctua.
This one for sure. I use 2 for push/pull on my Alphacool ST 140 rad. I don't even need 2. They come with rubber gaskets to seal the frame to the rad.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I've used Bitfenix spectre pro's, Corsair SP140 and XSPC Xinruilian 140mm.

The only one of those worth considering is the XSPC fan. The Corsair and Bitfenix are either worthless for radiators or they're way to loud when they have acceptable output.

This is from using 4 SP140, 4 XSPC and 8 Bitfenixes. But my experience is based on higher fin density radiator (XSPC EX280)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's the rpm on the XSPC 140mm fans.

·
Sgt. Wolf S. Bora
4,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post

1350, but never base your choice on RPM. all fans do not perform the same at the same RPM level.
^This. Also, static pressure levels are subject to the manufacturer's own standards. They are unreliable. Definitely look at real world tests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.