Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First, I am sorry to ask this again as I am sure there are already a lot of threads asking this, but I am a little confused with all the monitors existing, and I am very "noob" regarding monitors.
I recently discovered the "korean" monitors, but I have a hard time telling wich one is the best between all the brands.

As I may have understand, Qnix seems to be the best ones all-around ? What about the Crossover, Yamakasi, Achieva and X-star ?
I will use it mainly for gaming, and I play a lot of FPS like CS:GO and Battlefield, so I need a good input lag. Is 120hz a big plus ? Is it achievable on all the monitors ?

Are these monitors a leap ahead of known brands like Dell, IIyama & co ?

Wich one would you recommend for my needs (gaming) and why ?

I would also like to have your advice about where to buy them as I live in France. I saw these sites but i don't know if they are reliable :
http://www.2560x1440monitor.com/ (which seems to have a great pixel warranty)
http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/

Sorry for my english and many thanx to those who will answer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For the price the QNIX is hard to beat. 120Hz is not guaranteed, it is a plus for gaming, but treat it more like a overclocking experiment.

Where are you located? ipsledmonitors.com is good for US customers because they have a better return policy (return to US address). 2560x1440monitor.com was found to be a korean ebay sellers site, so why not just buy on ebay where there is feedback and buyer protection? For people outside the US I would go with ebay.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The X-Star DP2710 is the one you want, this is the exact same as the Qnix QX2710 but a bit cheaper.

Overclocks to at least 96Hz, with a good percentage of people hitting 120Hz.

I would just use eBay instead of those other sites.

These are better than Dell monitors in their ability to be overclocked and lessened input lag, but make no mistake, Dell and well known brands obviously have better build quality.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for your answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkrok View Post

For the price the QNIX is hard to beat. 120Hz is not guaranteed, it is a plus for gaming, but treat it more like a overclocking experiment.

Where are you located? ipsledmonitors.com is good for US customers because they have a better return policy (return to US address). 2560x1440monitor.com was found to be a korean ebay sellers site, so why not just buy on ebay where there is feedback and buyer protection? For people outside the US I would go with ebay.
I will buy from ebay then, didn't realised it was safer. I live in France.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

The X-Star DP2710 is the one you want, this is the exact same as the Qnix QX2710 but a bit cheaper.

Overclocks to at least 96Hz, with a good percentage of people hitting 120Hz.

I would just use eBay instead of those other sites.

These are better than Dell monitors in their ability to be overclocked and lessened input lag, but make no mistake, Dell and well known brands obviously have better build quality.
Your link is blocked in my country :/
I don't mind a lesser quality build. The prices are really attractive and they seem better for gaming so I think i will go for your X-Star.
96hz instead of 60hz really improves the lag ? I mean, there is a true difference between an X-Star @ 96hz compared to a Dell 2713hm for exemple ?

There is no monitors with 120hz guaranteed ? Is it really based on luck or some monitors are more able to go 120hz than others ?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1ngou1N View Post

Thx for your answers.
I will buy from ebay then, didn't realised it was safer. I live in France.
Your link is blocked in my country :/
I don't mind a lesser quality build. The prices are really attractive and they seem better for gaming so I think i will go for your X-Star.
96hz instead of 60hz really improves the lag ? I mean, there is a true difference between an X-Star @ 96hz compared to a Dell 2713hm for exemple ?

There is no monitors with 120hz guaranteed ? Is it really based on luck or some monitors are more able to go 120hz than others ?
Weird, about the link being blocked, just search for X-Star DP2710 and the seller named 'dream-seller'.

Even 96Hz is a big difference over 60Hz.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think am gonna go for your X-Star today. I can't find your seller on Ebay, do you know this one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-X-STAR-DP2710LED-27-LED-2560x1440-QHD-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/111063766076?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dbea943c

Sold by green-sum, the cheapest I can find at the moment.

Juste worried a bit about their pixel policy. I know that with the pixel density on these screens, dead pixels are hard to see, but I hate those, and generaly unlucky with screens.

PixelPerfect policy adds almost 100 dollars to the bill : http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Star-DP2710-LED-MDP-Matte-Perfect-Pixel-27-1440p-PLS-DP-HDMI-DVI-PC-Monitor-/121156200631?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c3578e8b7

I don't know if its worth the cost, as it adds almost 30% to the price.

On the link they say : "Sole 100% perfect pixel panel achieved and produced from 50 out of 1500 (about 3% of its production) panels."
I don't really think it's true, but I wouldn't mind having your opinion on this one.

edit : found that one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixels-Matte-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-27-LED-Monitor-2560x1440-/321222997974?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4aca61f7d6

Qnix model with good pixel policy for the price of the standard X-star but the seller has not made much sells yet.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think pixel perfect is a bit of a jip, sellers don't have time to check every panel anyway. In this case the monitors can be a bit of luck of the draw.

While dead pixels are lame, let me tell you that they aren't as bad you think they will be, at this resolution the pixels are very tiny. There are almost 3.7 million pixels at 1440p so you don't see them unless you purposefully find out where the dead pixel is and even then you only notice it if you are actively searching for it on a white background with your face really close to the screen.

Green-Sum is a good seller and so is accessorieswhole.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

Even 96Hz is a big difference over 60Hz.
Yup. TBH 96hz felt really nice to me when i tried it more so than 120hz for some reason? perhaps its a human eye/brain combo thing that il never understand.

a proper 60fps is smooth and quite fluid i don't think doubling it is totally necessary to get that extra bit needed, not saying it hurts but just after 90FPS I started to see much less of an impact, i felt at 96hz it still felt dream/film like but at 120 it was like a live handycam daytime tv show.. maybe its just a preference thing? I prefer my films and games to look dreamy and ethereal VS hyper real

The issue for me with LCD is always smeary ghosting, its still there loads at 120/144HZ and IPS (all 1440p res screens) have it worse.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your answers. I want this so so bad now xD
You even convinced a friend of mine to take one as well so am gonna order 2 instead of one.

I agree with you about the pixels, i don't think i will see them, so i will not take a "pixelperfect" one.

I defintiely made my mind for the X-Star, and now I am just trying to get it at the best price.

Remmib, I think i found your monitor on dream-seller at this page. There is a link in the description of the item for the monitor at the price of 300 dollars. Is that the one you linked me ?
The price is really insane, and I have absolutely no clue why I can't access the page. I am considering trying a VPN to access it, but not sure if it the right way to do it.

But that's the one I want, and I really hope that i will be able to buy it from this seller and for that price (and I hope maybe even a bit less if I buy my friend's monitor in the same order, but 300 dollars is already such a good price).

Juste a last question before I buy it : What do you think of 30" screens ? Is it worth it ? The gain of pixels on the sides is great but what about lag ? Is it as good as the 27" ones ? Is there a good and cheap 30" on the market (and by cheap i mean less than 450 dollars) ?

Thx again.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1ngou1N View Post

Thank you for your answers. I want this so so bad now xD
You even convinced a friend of mine to take one as well so am gonna order 2 instead of one.

I agree with you about the pixels, i don't think i will see them, so i will not take a "pixelperfect" one.

I defintiely made my mind for the X-Star, and now I am just trying to get it at the best price.

Remmib, I think i found your monitor on dream-seller at this page. There is a link in the description of the item for the monitor at the price of 300 dollars. Is that the one you linked me ?
The price is really insane, and I have absolutely no clue why I can't access the page. I am considering trying a VPN to access it, but not sure if it the right way to do it.

But that's the one I want, and I really hope that i will be able to buy it from this seller and for that price (and I hope maybe even a bit less if I buy my friend's monitor in the same order, but 300 dollars is already such a good price).

Juste a last question before I buy it : What do you think of 30" screens ? Is it worth it ? The gain of pixels on the sides is great but what about lag ? Is it as good as the 27" ones ? Is there a good and cheap 30" on the market (and by cheap i mean less than 450 dollars) ?

Thx again.
30 inch screens are a waste of money. 1600p can't be utilized in gaming unless you have a beast of a PC and even then that's pushing it.

Just get a 27" QNIX/X-STAR PLS monitor and stick with it.

Best value monitors and best quality for their price right now.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

30 inch screens are a waste of money. 1600p can't be utilized in gaming unless you have a beast of a PC and even then that's pushing it.

When I rebuild I will get either a qnix or star, this will be a definite upgrade!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Thanks for your answer, I ordered a Qnix from Red-Cap. Hope to have it soon
smile.gif

·
Banned
273 Posts
thanks all .. this thread was encouraging me to x-star and qnix
thumb.gif

though .. there are other comments which differentiate my final decision; like this one

"My own personal answer to you would be to go with the asus monitor, especially since you will get less fps at 1440p (i have seen the monitors and the increased resolution is nice, but it's not THAT nice. Also with the panel you are looking at, they have a nasty habit of coming with imperfections (hence why they are so cheap), but are otherwise beautiful displays." from tomshardware.

so .. it means more search to decide which type of a monitor is best for me
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
^ The QNIX QX2710 has even better color accuracy and picture quality than the Dell Ultrasharp monitors and costs less than half of them.

I have the Crossover 27Q LED, Crossover 30Q5 and the QNIX QX2710 and all of them came with no dead pixels or defects.

I highly recommend the QNIX QX2710 to everyone who wants a high quality IPS/PLS panel with excellent picture quality.

·
Banned
273 Posts
thanks .. that's encouraging
thumb.gif

i'm searching now about the x-star, then qnix is the next choice to search about .. after that see what's the final decision

1 - 19 of 19 Posts